Chapter 17

I laughed as Sirius was annoying Remus, by chatting about the most random of things.
Sirius said" At least acknowledge my existence, Moony!" He fake cried, falling onto Remus' lap as Remus read a textbook.
Remus said" What do you want?"
" Thank you!" Remus rolled his eyes,
" You've got 5 seconds."
" Fine, fine... can you help me with my potions assignment?"
" Hell, Pads! Do it yourself, I'm not always gonna be around to help you."
" Yes, of course. But that's why I have Princess as backup."
" Do not bother her."
" She's enjoying me annoying you." Remus looked at me, he chuckled and smiled at me,
" Hi, darling."
I said" Hi, Moony."
" Enjoying Pads annoy me?"
" Yeah."
" Fantastic. You're creating a female you, Sirius."
Sirius said" No, no, we've created the most bad ass witch in school. Princess, wanna help me?"
I said" Going to the library." I got up and walked out of the dorm room,
" No! Don't leave me with him! He's scary!" I laughed," Ahh! He's gonna kill me!"
Remus said" Padfoot!" I walked down the stairs.

James said" Where're you headed off to, little bird?"
I said" Library."
" Can you retu-"
" Already have it, and I will."
Lily said" You do know you don't have to do anything for them, right?"
" Yeah, I know! I just think they'd lose their own heads if it wasn't attached." James grinned,
" Amazing."
James said" Be careful, flare us if anyone messes with you."
I said" I'm capable of taking care of myself."
" Oh, I know." He kissed my head," Have fun in the boring library."

I was in a secluded corner of the library, reading a muggle book, about a charmed wardrobe and 4 siblings in a fictional land. My eyes drifted shut, I drooped a little against the wall, I yawned and opened my eyes again.

Regulus' POV
I was roaming the library, then chuckled as I passed a nook that held the girl Sirius calls Princess, I opened the shelves since they seemed to have shut around her. I walked in quietly and took the book from her hand, marking it with the mark she had.
I whispered" Hey, Ezra, you've fallen asleep, love." She hummed and tried to move away from me, I chuckled and gently shook her shoulder. She opened her eyes, rubbing them with the sleeves of the sweater she was wearing.
She mumbled" Hi, Regulus."
" Want a lift back to Gryffindor tower?" She nodded, sleepily, I chuckled and lifted her up, one hand supporting her back and the other under her knees. She laid her head on my shoulder, I grabbed the book she was reading and put it in her lap. Her eyes drifted shut again as I began to walk her back to Gryffindor tower.

Sirius' POV
I said" Should we go get her? She's probably got lost in a book again."
Remus said" Give her 10 more minutes. Then we'll go coax her out with a cauldron cake."
" Fine." Then there was a knock on the portrait door, I got up and walked to it, listening," Password?"
I heard Reggie say" Open up." I laughed and opened the door then stopped as I saw Princess in his arms, asleep.
" Hey, you found her."
" Were you actively looking for her?"
" No, we knew she was in the library, so she probably just got lost in a book. She daydreams while she reads."
" Found her asleep, the shelves had incased her."
" Brilliant, we'll never find her now." I took her into my arms, she grunted, and woke up." Hello, Princess. How was your afternoon nap?"
She mumbled" They had a magic wardrobe that went into another land..." She nuzzled my neck, I smiled,
" Really? That's brilliant." I heard her soft snores," Go back to dream land, Ezra. Thanks."
Reggie said" No problem. It's better me than any of those gits who want to hurt her."
" Yeah." He walked away, I walked into the common room,
James said" Aw, she's adorable."
Remus said" Where did she get lost this time?"
I said" She mumbled about a magic wardrobe and another land?"
" Chronicles of Narnia, probably. She's found her way into the muggle books, boys, we'll never get her out of the library now."
Lily said" Oh, I have loads of books she could borrow, I need to send mum a letter." James caught her,
He said" No way, let her stick with this book then you can introduce to all things muggle books."
" Fine."
I said" Should we let her sleep any longer?"
Remus said" Let her sleep till a quarter past two, then we can get lunch." I nodded and carried her up the stairs.

I laid her on my bed and tucked her in, giving her Mischief to hold. She blinked a few times before rubbing her eyes,
She mumbled" Hi, Sirius."
I said" Hi, sleepyhead." She giggled," Did you have a good nap?" She nodded her head,
" Narnia seems like a nice place."
" It does? How's that?"
" It's a fairytale. Fairytales are always better." I chuckled, nodding my head, rubbing back her hair," Can you put my hair up in a bun like yours?"
" Yeah, Princess." I grabbed one of my hairbands and gathered her hair up, pulling it into a similar bun to the one I wear a lot." There we are."
" Do I still look pretty? Mother always said messy wasn't pretty."
" You, my darling Princess, are the prettiest witch in the world." I grinned, she smiled, I'm never going to allow hatred to fill her head." Wanna go annoy Jamie?" She grinned, nodding her head quickly," Come on, then!" She got onto my back, wrapping her legs and arms around me.

We snuck up behind the couch, Remus hid a grin as he saw us, James was ranting about quidditch.
I mumbled" On one, roar." We got closer to James," One." We both roared, James yelped and jumped up, turning to us with a playful glare.
He said" You're a git!" Everyone laughed, he punched at my chest," Bloody hell, Padfoot!"
I said" Oi, Princess was in on it too!"
" Well, I could never blame little bird, she's innocent!"
" We've created a goddess."
" Yes, we have."
Remus said" Mmhmm." I put Princess down, letting her fall over the back of the couch, she giggled as Remus and Peter caught her. Remus nudged her back up with his leg,
Lily said" You wouldn't believe how many muggle books I've got back home, Ezra."
Ezra said" Your parents allow you muggle books? My mother would punish me anytime she'd even think I was interested in muggle stuff." Lily played with her hair, hiding the sadness in her eyes before Ezra could catch on.
" I'm muggle born, remember."
" Oh, yeah. Lucky."
" You can borrow as many as you'd like."
James said" You've stopped at three per week."
Ezra whined" But James..."
" Summer is for spontaneous stupidity. Three per week." She pouted," Oh, fine, but no more than five." She grinned,
Remus said" That easy to cave, then?"
" Shut it, Moony. She's adorable."
" We know."
Lily said" And just for that, Ezra, I'll take you to a muggle book shop." Ezra grinned, Lily smiled," Buy you all the books you can carry."
" You mean, all the books I can carry, huh?"
" Of course. You're invited as well."
" Thanks. Didn't ask to be a mule."
Ezra said" Please, Moony?"
" Oh, I can't say no now." He grinned, and looked at her," Of course, Ezra. I'll carry all your books, but you can't stay hidden inside fictional worlds all summer."
" I won't! Can we go swimming? I've never been swimming."
James and I yelled" We're fixing that!" She giggled,
James said" I know exactly the spot, safe and not too deep, we can teach you to swim."
She said" But what if I can't?"
I said" Then we will be right there to pull you back up." She smiled," Gonna make this the best summer possible for you, Ezra, I promise."