Chapter 19

I was clinging to Sirius as we got off the train at the station,
He said" It's alright, princess. No one is taking you away." I whimpered, he sighed and kissed my head,
James said" Let's just find mum, she'll calm down once we get home."
" Yeah." Then I saw the Black family,
I whimpered" Siri..."
" Yes, princess?" I whimpered, he followed my gaze," Shit. Other way, other way, other way." We turned around, quickening our pace through the crowd,
I heard his mother scream" Sirius Orion Black!" Sirius froze, he gripped my waist, we both turned around, she stomped up to us.
" Yes?"
" You ran away the night we bought this thing for you." She gestured to me," You are both disgraces to your lines." I tucked my face closer to Sirius' arm," You are 17, Sirius, you should be getting ready to wed a wealthy Slytherin girl."
" I'm not looking for marriage, I'm fucking 17 years old, I'm going to be in my 7th year at Hogwarts next term, and I'm about to have the best summer of my life. This little one, is 13 years old, she's just starting her life, she's about to have the best summer of her life. No one will stop me from letting her have the best summer of her life." He held out his wand, staring at her," Try to stop me. I dare you." She huffed, backing down, they walked away, Regulus smiled and followed them. Sirius rolled his eyes," Reggie, boring summer or fun summer?" Regulus turned to us and smiled, winking before walking after them quickly.

We were at James', I was laughing as James and Sirius rushed around to find their swim trunks.
Remus said" Are you two completely forgetting that we need to find her a bathing suit?" They both stopped and looked at me and Remus, as we sat on James' bed, watching the chaos.
Sirius said" Good thing you're here, Moony!"
James said" There's got to be at least one bathing suit in the village!"
" Probably loads more, idiot!"
" Come on! Shopping time!"
I said" But it's cozy here and there's no scary parents."
Sirius said" Once again, princess, no one is taking you away from me. Come on." He held out his hand, I sighed and took it, he pulled me up.

Mrs. Potter said" Where are you four heading?"
James said" To the shops, Ezra needs a bathing suit, we're gonna teach her how to swim."
" Be back by dinner."
" As never!" He laughed as we ran out, Sirius and James dragging me with them, I giggled.

I was looking at myself in the mirror, I looked hideous, I frowned.
Sirius said" Ready?" I walked out of the changing room,
I said" I look hideous."
" Is that right?" I nodded," Well, I don't think you do. I think you look beautiful. What do ya say, boys?"
James said" Absolutely stunning."
Remus said" Goddess material."
I said" You're mean."
" We know, darling. It's our way of life. Do you like that one?" I nodded my head,
Sirius said" Then change back into your clothes and we'll buy it. Then we'll go try out swimming before it gets dark."
I said" Is swimming scary?"
" When you're with us, not at all. We'd never let anything happen to you."
" Okay."

I was staring at the water, I gulped, Sirius jumped in, I giggled as I got splashed. Sirius surfaced,
He said" See, right here to catch you."
James said" And I'm jumping in right next you, I'll be right there the whole time."
Remus said" You don't have to swim today if you don't want to, Ezra, it's alright."
I said" No. No, I wanna try."
" Alright." He got into the water too, they all smiled at me,
James said" Just move like we showed you." I nodded, he kissed my head then grabbed my hand, we jumped.

I hit the water, immediately kicking and moving my arms, I sunk... I panicked, I screamed.

Sirius' POV
I watched closely as she sunk a bit, then I saw her panic, I went under and pulled her up, she coughed as she got air. I swam us over to shore and put her onto the grass, she coughed, breathing heavily, crying.
I said" Shh, breathe, breathe, Princess, you're alright, you're alright." I kissed her head, Remus and James rushed out of the water and Remus wrapped her in linen, I kissed her head again." Shh, calm down, calm your breathing... shh, it's alright."

After a few minutes, she calmed down, slumping against me.
I said" Let's head back home, warm you up, and cuddle, okay?"
She muttered" I don't like swimming."
James said" That's alright, you don't have to swim. There's this muggle thing called a bicycle, it's basically a broom without magic. We can teach you how to ride it, it's way better too!"
" Is it scary like swimming?"
" Nope, might get banged up a bit, but you're pretty brilliant at balancing."
" But it's like a broom, why would I need to balance?"
" It's... uh, Remus?"
Remus said" It has wheels that touch the ground, and peddles, and a handle. We'll talk about it later, let's get you warmed up, okay?" She nodded, I stood up and lifted her up, she wrapped her arms around my neck, she was still shaking. I hate that I caused this, I never wanted to frighten her.

Ezra's POV
Mrs. Potter said" Oh, what happened?"
James said" Swimming's not good. We're gonna teach her how to ride a bicycle instead."
" Oh, poor dear. Shaken up, hm?"
" Very."
" Wonder if she'll come out for a treacle tart?" I peeked up," And ice cream." I lifted my head fully from Sirius' shoulder, they all grinned.
Remus said" Only sweets can get her out of the hide."
Sirius said" I can get her out." Then he let go of me, I squeaked and pouted at him as my feet touched the floor." Hello there, princess."
I said" Not funny, git!" He grinned,
Mrs. Potter said" She's becoming a female marauder... at least she's far cuter."
James said" Mum!"
" Oops." She grinned,
" I feel betrayed... okay, fine..." He pouted, I giggled," Damn it, that giggle. You are far cuter than us!"
Sirius said" You're just realizing that, mate. I've known that for months!"

We were watching a muggle movie on Mr. Potter's muggle television thingy. I was laid across the couch, my head on Sirius' lap, my legs on James' lap. My eyes drifted shut, then I was hit with popcorn, I grinned and ate a piece as it landed on my lips.
Remus said" Wake up, sleepyhead. Want another piece of chocolate?" I nodded my head, he chuckled and poked my nose, I smiled and opened my eyes. He handed me another piece,
Sirius said" We should have got more sweets."
" We're literally one floo system or broom ride to Diagon Alley."
" Well, I'm a lazy git."
James said" We know."
" Hey! Stay out of this, Prongs."
" What? We do!"
I said" You're all lazy."
" Of course, little bird." I smiled," But if we are, so are you."
" Okay."
" Of course, you'd agree without arguing back. You're not lazy, little bird."
" But I don't dress like a proper lady, nor do I keep my hygiene exquisite."
Sirius said" Princess, you're not lazy, you are a 13 year old, you brush your teeth, bathe and brush your hair regularly, that's good enough. And dressing like a proper lady is boring! We love how you express yourself, never change that."
" Even when I tried to wear James' pants?"
" That was because they didn't fit you and kept falling, Ezra, that had nothing to do with properness."
" Oh." He smiled,
" Now, wake your pretty little head up and continue being confused by muggle movies with us."
Remus said" I'm not confused."
" Yeah, well, I am. So, Ezra has to be confused with me." James and Remus laughed," Shut it, you wankers."
James said" Fine, fine. Do you still love me?!"
" Yes, you idiot."
Remus said" What about me?! I thought you loved me!" I laughed,
" I hate you both." They both laughed hysterically," Bloody annoying gits, aren't they, Princess?"
I said" But you said you loved me?!" We laughed as Sirius rolled his eyes,
" Damn the lot of you!" He chuckled, shaking his head," Why do I stick around again?"
" 'Cause no one as best as us is around!" He smiled,
" Yeah... you're right." He kissed my head, I smiled,
" 'Cause you love us!"
" Mmhmm." He tickled me, I laughed and squirmed in his arms, as they trapped me on his lap.
" No! No! Hahahaha! Help!"
Remus said" Get him!" James and Remus grabbed Sirius, I moved off his lap and hid behind Remus.
Sirius said" You lot done?"
James said" Sure." James fell onto him, Remus sat down next to them and pulled me onto his lap.
I said" What's a fry?"
Remus said" Pretty sure the American version of a chip." We all looked at the American movie thingy playing,
James said" How bored are we?"
Sirius said" Very."
Remus said" Getting there."
I said" There."
James said" First one to my room gets to try on my old speckles." Sirius jumped up, I ran after him, Remus after me," Don't let Sirius get there!" Then Sirius was stuck to the floor, he laughed as I ran past him, I giggled and ran up the stairs.

I grinned as I beat them,
James said" Little bird wins." He took out old glasses and put them onto me, the actual seeing parts popped out.
Remus said" She would look completely different with glasses."
Sirius said" Bloody hell! She looks like a new person!"
James said" It's weird." He grabbed a camera and took a picture, I grinned and blinked as he put it down." First picture of the summer. Get ready, there's gonna be loads more."