Chapter 9

I was in the girls' bathroom, I was in so much pain, it started after my 3rd class, and I'm currently missing my 4th. I stood up and looked down, noticing the red filling the toilet. Am I dying?! I gulped, then sent out a spark...

Sirius said" Love? You in there?" I whimpered,
Remus said" Ezra, what's wrong?"
I said" I'm bleeding, I don't understand! Am I dying?" I heard them all sigh in relief," What's going on?!"
James said" Love, that's your period."
" What's that?!"
" No one taught you this? Well, uh, well, your period is when- Um, shit!"
Remus said" Bloody hell, James, go get Lily!"
" Smart idea!" Then I heard running,
Sirius said" Wanna come out of the stall, princess?"
I said" Nuh-uh."
" Okay." He sighed, he started pacing, I heard his footsteps echo off the walls.

Remus' POV
I mumbled" Calm down, Sirius, you'll make her even more scared than she is now."
He mumbled" This is the one area where I can't help her! I hate it!"
" Just calm down, Lily will explain and help her."
" Well, I don't want Lily helping her! I want to help her."
" You help her everywhere else. Calm down." He sighed.

Lily and James came in,
She said" Hi, Ezra, can the boys step out for a moment?"
Ezra said" No... want them to stay."
" All right." She turned to us, giving us a stern look, she mumbled" If you make her feel awkward, it'll make it worse. Don't make any comments or faces, please."
Sirius mumbled" We'd never, Evans. Now help her or get out."
Lily said" Ezra, this is a conversation better face to face." Ezra peeked out of the stall, then walked out, standing in front of the stall, Lily began explaining everything to her.

Ezra's POV
I gulped as Lily ended her conversation, I was frightened, why does this happen to girls?!
Lily said" Any questions?" I shook my head, Sirius walked over to me, opening his arms for me, I walked into his arms, he wrapped his arms around me.
Remus said" You all right, Ezra?" I nodded my head," You sure? It's okay if you aren't."
" Charm your underwear, all right? It'll be over soon."

Sirius' POV
Ezra wasn't here right now, I could tell as she slowly nodded even after she answered Remus' question.
Lily said" Charm your underwear, all right? It'll be over soon. I hate you gits for making me explain it to her."
I said" Well, we couldn't."
" Why wouldn't her mother explain this..."
" Because her mother is a vile creature who deserves to rot!" Anger was all I could feel, then I felt the small body in my arms and it disappeared. I kissed the top of her head, I unwrapped my arms from her to get a look at her, her eyes were glossy with tears, she was visibly shaking, she was scared." Hello there?" She seemed to snap out of whatever trance she was in to look up at me. I smiled softly at her," Come on, let's go back to the dorm, you can take a pair of my old sleeping pants and we can cuddle, hows that sounds?"
She mumbled" Good. It hurts, Sirius."
" I know, but cuddling'll make it feel a bit better, okay?"
" Okay."

Ezra's POV
I was in new clothes, Sirius' old pajama pants and one of his shirts, Lily charmed my underwear for me, so I was in underwear that cleans itself, I guess, I'm not really sure. I was laying on Sirius' bed, him behind me, holding me close to him, hand rubbing my belly.
He said" See all better, hm?" I nodded my head," And want to know what the best thing is?"
I whispered" What?"
" Chocolate is known to make it better!"
" Really?"
" Yeah! Would I lie to you?"
" No." Remus gave me a chocolate bar, I smiled,
Remus said" Have at it, go on." I opened it and began nibbling on it, cuddling closer to Sirius.

My eyes drifted shut, my hand fell away from my mouth-

Sirius' POV
Ezra fell asleep, I slowly took the remaining chocolate from her hand and put it on my nightstand.
Remus said" It's time for dinner."
I said" She's just gone to sleep, she'll be okay if she misses a meal."
" But you're not. Come on, she won't even know we're gone."
" You better be lucky I'm starving." I slowly got up, placing the blanket snug around her.

We were in the great hall, Lily walked up to us,
She said" How is she?"
I said" Exhausted. In pain. Sad. And I want to murder things, so I'm gonna eat." I began eating,
Remus said" He doesn't like that he can't help her."
" Doesn't like? That's a best of word as you got?"
" Pissed, ya happy?" I grumbled, pouting as I stabbed at my chicken leg with a fork,
I breathed out heavily." He's in a sour mood, you might want to stay clear."
" Sod off, Remus. You're the one who dragged me away from her, so shut the hell up." I didn't mean to say it, it-it just slid off my tongue quickly,
" Stop taking your anger out on everyone else just 'cause Ezra's reminded you of yourself, a scared little kid." I brought out my wand,
I snarled" Call me scared again, I dare you!" He set his glare on me,
" You're scared." James snatched my wand out of my hand before I could cast a spell, I breathed heavily as tears brimmed my eyes, then I stormed off.

I was pacing the dorm, breathing heavily, anger and pain fueling me, all I could hear was Remus calling me scared. And I'm not scared! I have never been scared! And I will never be scared!
I heard Ezra mumbled" Sirius?" I turned to her, my eyes softening immediately, my anger disappearing and I realized I was scared... I was scared Ezra would turn out just like me... and that's something I'd never wish upon anyone. I was scared Ezra would be hurt so much to the point of not giving a damn anymore. She rubbed her eyes sleepily,
I said" Yeah, princess, go back to sleep, okay?"
" What's wrong?" She sat up, crossing her legs as she sat, looking at me with those wide green eyes, that resembled emeralds. I sighed,
" I made someone I really care about mad, when he was right all along." She looked at me concerned," Come on, back to bed, okay?" I laid next to her, pulling her down with me, she was too sleepy to protest and laid against me again. I rubbed her stomach, soothing the pain a little as it eased her back to sleep.

The door opened and I saw the boys,
James said" Is she okay?" I nodded silently," Are you okay?" I didn't respond, just stared ahead, not daring to make eye contact with either three of them.
Remus said" I shouldn't have said you were scared, it was wrong of me. I-I know you hate when-"
I said" You're right, like always. I am scared, okay? I'll admit it... but I'm not scared of my parents or my family anymore... I'm scared that Ezra will turn out just like me, I'm scared that she'll be hurt so much that she won't give a damn if she lives or dies later on... I don't want her to be another me."
" We're not going to let that happen to her, Sirius. Do you really not give a damn?"
" I do now... but, no, not really- Not before I met Ezra." I laughed dryly," I'm going to bed, Ezra'll be up soon because of the pain, so... um..." I turned off my light, stretching my arm over her, I caught my wand as James tossed it to me. I swished and my curtains drew themselves, I stared at the inside of the curtain as I knew my friends were staring at my bed.

I woke up to Ezra whimpering and squirming around, I shushed her, rubbing her head.
She said" Why does it hurt so much, Sirius?"
I said" I don't know, Princess." I kissed her head, she laid against me, digging her face into my chest.
I heard Remus say" A heating potion and some chocolate should help a little." I gulped, he pulled back the curtains, I looked at him. Then I saw the exact items in his hand," Come'er Ezra, I wanna help, okay?" She rolled over and faced him, looking at him with puppy eyes, he lifted the shirt a little and poured a drop of potion onto her stomach. It melted into her skin and she sighed, relaxing, I kissed her head, he handed her a piece of chocolate." Now, go back to sleep, darling, you need rest." She ate the piece of chocolate quickly and settled back against my chest. She fell asleep quickly, holding my arm,
I mumbled" Thank you." Avoiding his eye contact,
He whispered" I'm not mad at you, you idiot. So look at me." I looked at him, tears brimmed my eyes," It's okay to be scared for her, Sirius, hell, we were scared for you all the time till you ran away to James'."
" Really?"
" Yeah, idiot." I smiled," Go to sleep, Sirius."
" I'm fine, Remus."
" I will hex you." I laid my head down again,
" Bloody hell, you're not my mother." I chuckled,
" If Ezra wasn't sleeping next to you, I'd have chucked something at you."
" Oh, I'm well aware of that."