Chapter 24

I screamed" Sirius! Can I have a pet?!" I stared at the lizard, smiling,
Sirius yelled" Depending!"
" On what?!"
" What have you found?!" Then I heard him running up, then he landed next to me. He chuckled," A lizard, really?"
I whispered" He's lonely."
" He won't stay, love. He's meant to be here."
" But he could drown."
" He won't. Want to take him to the grass?" I nodded my head," Alright, pick him up then." I smiled and picked him up, holding him gently between my hands, we got up and ran to the grassy area. I put him down, he looked back at me and scurried off.

I was eating a piece of ham, laughing as they goofed about the kitchen. I was sat on the island in the middle,
Sirius said" She just stares at us, mates."
James said" I know, ain't it strange?"
Peter said" Definitely."
Remus said" Well, she is our child, children stare at their parents." I giggled, they all acted surprised," She's trying to interact with us, boys, what do we do?"
James said" How are we supposed to know? Sirius, how do you deal with Reggie?"
Sirius said" I don't know!" Then the girls walked in,
Lily said" What is... Ezra, did you hypnotize them, I told you to wait till we're back at hogwarts." I laughed,
" Bloody hell, Lily! Don't give her any ideas. And she's staring at us."
" Have fun. Ezra, we're going into town, do you need anything?"
I said" Uh, we ate the last carton of strawberries."
" More strawberries it is. See you lot in a few." They all walked out, I chewed on my ham, smiling at the marauders.
James said" Should we feed her?"
Remus said" She's already eating, idiot."
I said" Oh, stop it, you goofs!" They all laughed,
Peter said" Was wondering when you were gonna break us up!"
Sirius said" Want another piece of ham?" I shook my head," Alright."

We were all in the lounge, listening to music, it was boiling outside, and we all needed a break from the sun. Someone knocked on the door,
Lily said" I'll get it!" She jumped up and ran to the door,
Marlene said" Did she- Oh, merlin..."
Sirius said" What, McKinnon?" Then Severus Snape came in," No bloody way! Get out!"
Lily said" I invited him for the night!"
" No way, Evans! Fun summer for Ezra, we all made that pact!" James' arm protectively wrapped around my shoulder.
Dorcas said" I say no wand day. Everyone's wands in the drawer. Only exception is if one of us is hurt, so let's keep clumsy lamb on a lead." I threw a pillow at her, giggling, she laughed and tossed it back.
I said" I'm not clumsy!" They all looked at me, with arched eyebrows, I blushed then looked down.
Reggie said" Little one, as much as I hate to point out any negativity... you are as clumsy as a newborn lamb."
" Okay, I might be a bit clumsy." James kissed my head,
He said" By a bit, she means a lot." I laughed, they did too,
Lily said" Fair deal, Sirius?"
Sirius said" No magic day. No Wandless, wordless, anything."
" Fine." He nodded his head,
" Okay. What's on the list for today?"
Remus said" Wait till the sun decided to take a break?"
" No! Now, come on, real ideas."
Peter said" We can make the walk to that ice cream parlor in the village? Best way to cool down."
I said" Ice cream!"
James said" It's been said! Trek to the ice cream parlor it is! I'll see if I can find the bicycles. Ezra, get Remus on our side." I looked to Remus, he was pouting, laying across the couch.
He said" It's too hot." Everyone split to get better clothes on, I scooted to Remus' face and nuzzled our noses together, he laughed." Nope. Not moving." I kissed his nose, he scrunched up his face, then smiled at me." You win, you win. You're far too cute to deny."

Severus Snape was complaining as we walked, Sirius' hand clenched as he glared straight ahead. I held his hand, he snapped out of his thoughts and turned to me, grinning.
He said" Yes, princess?"
I said" Fun, remember?"
" Yes, I remember, Ezra." I grinned then pushed his shoulder before running ahead, he laughed." Really?! Am I just a game to you? Get back here, you little bugger!" I heard him chasing after me, I smiled and ran faster,
Remus yelled" Run, Ezra! He's right on your heels!" I laughed as I was swung around, holding onto Sirius' arms, he put me down.
James said" Tag me in!" He ran up to me, I tagged him," Never gonna catch me, Padfoot!" He took off, Sirius groaned, laughing as he took off after James.
Marlene screamed" Potter's a spot ahead of Black! Ooh, Black's speeding up! Will he catch Potter, proclaimed fastest Seeker in the world!"
Remus screamed" Oh, no! Black's catching up! Better get faster, Potter, he's right on your tail!" I laughed, Sirius caught James by his belt, yanking him back.
Sirius said" Ha! Who's faster now?! Ooh, I'm way too old for a game of tag."
Mary said" My god, he's a lazy git."
" Come'er, Mary!" She ran from him, he chased after her,
" No! Stay away, you sweaty ass!" She squeaked as he hugged her," Ew! Sirius, let go! Go hug the only girl who'll ever love you!" I began backing away, Sirius set his eyes on me, he grinned.
" Only girl to ever love me, eh?"
I said" No!"
James said" I think so."
Peter said" Definitely!"
I said" Hey!"
Both said" Sorry, little bird!" Then I ran as Sirius chased me,
" No! You're soaked in sweat! Ah, Moony, help me!" I ran to him and used him as a shield, he laughed and Sirius stopped in front of him.
Remus said" Sirius, don't hug her."
Sirius said" But she's the only girl to ever love me!"
" Definitely, you're an annoying git, but you cannot hug her." We all laughed,
" What?! Why?!"
" Because she might kill you. Now, we can't have Ezra being sad 'cause she killed you, can we?"
" Guess not." I peeked out, giggling," But it would be entertaining."
" Very true." Then Sirius hugged me, I laughed and hugged him back, he swung me around." Release her." Sirius let go of me, I grinned,
I said" Padfoot! Moony?!"
" Sorry, darling, it was entertaining, though."
" Git!"
James said" We've taught her so well... I'm tearing up, I am." He sniffled, fake crying,
Sirius said" One second... they're adoring you... next, calling you a git... oh! The woes!" He fake sobbed, clutching his chest, I laughed,
Peter said" Next thing, we'll know... she's playing pranks!" He fake cried,
James sobbed" Oh, where has the time gone?!"
Lily said" Oh, my god! You three!"
Remus said" But she's grown so much!" He tried to fake sob, but chuckled instead, grinning.
" Not you too, Remus!"
Sirius sobbed" She was just a wee little thing when we found her! Now, look'a her, she's growing up in a blink of an eye!" Everyone was laughing,
Reggie said" Bloody hell... Ezra, come on, little one." He took my hand and we began walking again, I giggled," You caused this, you little mischief goddess."

After a few minutes, they caught up to us,
Sirius said" Stop kidnapping my daughter, Reggie!"
Reggie said" Not kidnapping if she follows willingly. Ain't that right, little one?"
I said" He's ri-"
Sirius said" Kidnapper!" I laughed, Sirius smiled," And to be my own brother! You kidnap your niece!"
Remus said" Hell, Sirius. Knock it off, will ya?"
" Remus! He stole our child!"
" Reggie, give her back."
Reggie said" No!" He clung to me, I laughed,
" I'm going to the ice cream parlor." He began walking, I chased after him,
" No! Ezra! You traitor!" I grabbed onto Remus' hand,
" Knew that'd work."

We were all eating ice cream,
James said" How does Lily like him? He's horrid."
Sirius said" 'Cause she has too big of a heart, mate." They were both looking at Severus, we were on an old swing set as the girls and Severus were sitting on an old picnic table.
Remus said" He's a git."
" Very true."
Reggie said" He's not that bad, mates."
" Yeah, well, he tormented Princess, I hate him. I hope he doesn't stay the night, I don't want him in the same house has Ezra."
I said" What's for dinner tonight, Moony?"
Remus said" Uh, burgers again, probably."
" Can I have two?"
" You can have as many as you'd like." He poked my nose, I grinned,
Sirius screamed" A whole cottage of burgers!" I laughed,
James yelled" And crisps! And chocolate!"
" A whole lot of chocoate!" They started jumping around me, pushing the swing I was sitting in.
Lily yelled" Oi! Don't make her sick!"
I laughed" Stop pushing!" I laughed, and held onto it as they hollered and continued to jump around me.
James said" Look at our precious little bird!" He ruffled my hair,
Sirius said" Such a princess, she is!"

After a few minutes, they tired out and collapsed onto the ground,
Sirius said" It's too bloody hot!"
I said" It's summer, Pads! What did you expect?!"
" Oi, I don't need the sarcasm, thank you very much!"
" But I get it from you."
" Nah, nah, you get it from Moony!"
Moony said" Bollocks! She gets it from you!"
" Okay! Fine, both of us!"
" Fair enough!"

I was laughing as Reggie fed me a crisp, James made a funny face,
Reggie said" Stop distracting her!"
James said" It's fun!" He laughed, and bit into his burger," It's bloody hilarious!"
" Sirius, I'm gonna murder him."
Sirius said" Don't! Ezra'll be sad." Reggie rolled his eyes, I began eating my 2nd burger, watching them playfully bicker.

I mumbled" Does the ocean have merpeople?"
Sirius said" Don't know, princess, probably. Muggles have loads of stories about mermaids, though."
" Mermaids?"
" What they think merpeople are called."
" What about grindylows?" He chuckled and rubbed my hair back,
" What about sleep?" I giggled, sleepily, then nuzzled my face against the pillow I had.
" Grindylows?"
" I don't know, probably. Just 'cause muggles don't see them, doesn't mean they don't exist in the ocean."
" What about giant squid? Like the one at Hogwarts..." My eyes drifted shut,
" Yeah, definitely, but our squid's friendly sometimes. These other ones aren't nice, you know."
" Oh, cool..." I dozed off-

Sirius' POV
She mumbled" Oh, cool..." Then she finally dozed off, I smiled and rubbed her hair for a few more seconds. She was laid between my legs, a pillow on my stomach as we laid on the couch. Everyone walked in,
James whispered" She finally fell asleep, bloody hell."
I whispered" Took an entire conversation of ocean creatures, but yeah."
Lily whispered" What?"
" She wanted to know if the ocean had merpeople, grindylows and giant squids."
Remus whispered" Well?"
" I mostly said I don't know. Maybe the conversation'll give her dreams instead of more nightmares."
Peter said" Should we get her up to bed, then?"
" Nah, she's fine. She won't wake up to our noises."
" I'll go grab a blanket and Mischief." He ran up the stairs,
Mary said" I didn't think she'd last this long."
I said" Me neither. She's a defiant little thing, though." Peter ran back down and covered her with a blanket and laid Mischief by her head.
Remus said" It's called a sugar crash for a reason, you two. She'll probably be up in an hour, back to full energy."
" Probably."
James said" Oh, definitely, but that's the fun, ain't it, Moony?"
Remus laughed" Bloody hell, one of these days, I'm loading her up with sugar and releasing her onto you."
" No, please, I'm so scared." He rolled his eyes," Like she scares me, Remus. Look at her, she's adorable."
" Mmhmm."