--2--

"The flowers! The flowers!" Felix screamed at Pepa, who was making a tornado she was stressing out so much.

"Did someone say... Flowers?" Isabella came down the railing, hanging on a vine.

"Our angel! Our angel!" Felix clapped while Isabella got to her feet. "Please, don't clap." She gave flowers to Pepa and flicked her hair into Mirabel's face.

"A little sisterly advice, if you weren't trying so hard, you wouldn't be in the way." Mirabel frowned, saying something back and then running into a pole.

Mirabel scoffed and walked into the kitchen. This would be the first gift ceremony I would go to, and everyone looked so pretty, and Casita was decorated beautifully.

"Tonight is going to be perfect!" Abuela shouted from the staircase.

"Dolores can you check if anyone is going to be late?" Pepa called out to her daughter.

"Mamá I already told you! The Hernandez and Garcia family are probably going to be late." Pepa nodded and went back to looking for Antonio who was now missing.

I ran to the nursery and under the bed to see Antonio.

"Mariposa!" He reached out to pet me and giggled.

"You weren't supposed to find me," he smiled, and I knew he didn't mind. Mirabel came into the room and sat on the bed. Antonio put his finger to his mouth shushing me.

Sometimes I wish I could talk to him.

"Everyone is looking for you.." Mirabel sighed.

"This present is going to self destruct in three.... Two... One- oh" Antonio grabbed the present, revealing where he was.

They started talking but I couldn't both listening, it's stuff I already knew.

Casita moved the alarm clock in front of the two, telling them it was time. The two Madrigals hugged, before Casita pushed them out.

I trotted down the stairs to see most of the village was already downstairs waiting on Antonio. I sat infront of Isabella, right before Dolores and Camilo came and joined the group.

The curtains opened and there he stood, nervously looking at the crowd. Everyone clapped and cheered but he didn't move. He looked behind the curtain at something, sticking his hand out. After a moment, Mirabel walked out and grabbed Antonio's hand. Everyone gasped, including the family.

Finally, Mirabel and Antonio started walking down, towards his door where Abuela, Señora Pepa and Señor Felix stood.

I lifted my paw to wave, Antonio noticed and waved back smiling.

When they got to his door, Abuela gave this speech about how Antonio would honor the miracle and help the town and his family, and of course he nodded.

Antonio reached out and touched the door knob, and suddenly there was a toucan on his arm.

"Uh-huh, uh-huh! I understand you!" The toucan thrilled in response.

"Of course they can come!" Antonio giggled and smiled as animals came from all around to come up to him.

"We have a new gift!" Abuela Alma shouted and everyone cheered, Camilo putting his fist in the air.

Everyone shoved up into the new room and when I finally got up, it was huge! The room was like a mini rain forest, with a river and a giant tree in the middle.

The family took their picture, without Mirabel might I add, and Antonio came up to me.

"Hey Mariposa." He said without moving his lips. He's a real animal whisperer I guess.

"See, you had no reason to be nervous!" I forgot how much I missed talking to people. It felt like a giant relief lifted off my shoulders.

"What's your real name?" Antonio questioned.

"Mariposa." I lied.

He nodded and walked away to dance.

I walked down the stairs, seeing Maribel huddled over something.

Suddenly, the whole house was cracking, leading it's way to the candle, as soon as it got to the candle, I felt different.

I fell off the stairs and landed on the ground with a thump.

"Ow." I gasped as I heard my own voice.

"WHO-" Oh my god. I was.. human again?