--3--

"The house is in danger!" I heard someone say as I sat there, I looked at my hands, my real hands.

"Is that.." I looked up to see everyone looking at me. Tears started forming in my eyes. This was so stressful, I hated people looking at me.

"The magic is strong! And so are the drinks." Abuela says, hiding me from view.

"Music, music!" She calls out, leading everyone back into Antonio's room to carry on the party, sending Señora Julieta to check on me and Maribel, who was just staring between me and the candle.

"Oh honey.." Julieta helped me into the kitchen, immediately starting to make some food.

"I'm not going insane am I? Because I probably could've, I haven't talked to anyone for like four years."

"No, you're perfectly fine, I just need to know what happened to you." I looked at my feet, I was hoping I wouldn't have to explain.

"Um. I sorta maybe touched the candle four years ago while all of you were sleeping and basically I've been a tabby cat because I was given a miracle and when the candle almost went out, I turned back." I explained quickly, fearing that Señora Julieta would be mad.

"Alright. We'll have you sleep in the nursery for now." She smiled sweetly as she went to go take care of her daughter. Honestly, I didn't think I would ever be talking again, it all felt so surreal.

"Y/N?" A familiar voice called out from outside of the kitchen.

"That would be Cami." Mirabel smiled at me.

"Y/N!" He came into the kitchen spotting me, running to give me a hug. I turned into my "regular self" aka Mariposa the cat and sat on the counter in front of Camilo.

"Y/N? Your- Oh.." I turned back and frowned at the boy infront of me.

"I'll take you to the nursery Y/N." Mirabel smiled and held out her hand which I happily took.

"It looks like most of the people are gone, you'll be okay."

"My parents aren't here anymore are they?" I asked as we entered the room.

"They moved a few years ago, I don't think they're coming back, I'm sorry." I nodded and sat on Antonio's old bed.

"But, you always have me and my family!" Mirabel said, hoping to cheer me up.

"This is just a lot." I sighed, looking up at ceiling.

Mirabel hugged me slightly before going out of the room.

"Leave her alone Cami! She's been through a lot in the past hour!" Pepa said, a thundering noise following behind.

"Mami, I'm worried that I made her upset!"

"Your Mami doesn't care! Leave the poor girl alone Camilo!" The thundering got louder as Pepa's voice also got louder.

"Your mamá is right Camilo." Señor Felix said, whispering something to his wife.

"Family drama about me? How exciting" I whispered to myself.

I looked out the window to see most of the lights off in people's houses, somehow the sight made me more comfortable.

"Casita? Will you help me get up to the roof?" The tiles lifted me up giving me a yes as I climbed out the window. Casita pushed out bricks, giving me steps to climb up.

I sat on the roof, the breeze flowing through my hair. Finally, silence.

"Amor?" I heard someone sit next to me sighing. There goes my silence I guess.

"Hey Camilo." I said, squeezing my knees to my chest.

"Mi amor.. please don't be mad at me. I didn't know it was you." He scooted closer and I felt his eyes on me.

"Camilo please, for once listen to your mamá."

"You know I don't do that Y/N." He chuckled and I held back a laugh, I so badly wanted to laugh.

"Cami, you shouldn't treat cats like that even if they are secretly humans." I faced him, his eyes searching my face.

"I was angry.." he explained poorly.

"At what Cami, at me?" He shook his head and stood up.

"I could never be mad at you mi amor." He winked and turned around, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Buenas noches mariposa" he walked off the roof, leaving me speechless, and confused.