--8--

"You!" Abuela Alma screamed at me. "You are ruining this family!" I gasped, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry-" I started before Camilo cut me off, "Don't apologize to her." He said in a stern voice.

"She should apologize." Alma said looking a Camilo. "She is ruining this family. She ruined Isabela's engagement."

"I didn't mean to ruin it.." I whispered, looking at my shoes.

"You are breaking this family. And just because you have a gift does not mean you are apart of this family" Abuela frowned at me as I reached for Camilo's hand, and he gladly took it.

"You don't deserve the gift you got, you're not special."

"Abuela stop it!" Dolores screamed, slamming her fists down on the table. Dolores grabbed Antonio and took him upstairs so he wouldn't be in the middle of the fight.

"Disappointment. No wonder your parents moved away."

"I love this family!" I said looking up at Alma. I had enough. Bringing up my parents was the last straw. "I love every single person in this house, it's you who doesn't."

"You only see the worst in your own family. I wonder if that's why Bruno left." She gasped, offended that I brought her son into this.

Abuela raised her hand up and slapped me. I heard gasps from everyone in the room. The sound of her slapping me echoing in the quiet room.

"Abuela!" Camilo shouted, turning my head to face him. He used his hand to wipe tears off my face that were falling like a waterfall.

"She deserved it Camilo." She then turned away and walked around, shouting for Mirabel.

Camilo took off his ruana and put it on me, smoothing it out before kissing my forehead.

"Camilo you don't have to do this." His hazel eyes met mine, he kissed my cheek and smiled.

"Come on mi amor." Camilo put his hand on my back, and started walking.

"Camilo I'm sorry.." he shook his head and continued leading me to wherever we were going.

"Don't be sorry Y/N/N. (Your nickname)" I chuckled at the name, I haven't had anyone call me that in years.

"You still remember that huh.." he nodded, chuckling. We went into Señora Pepa's room to see her sitting in a chair, soaking wet from the cloud above her.

"Mami?" At the word, she turned to the door. Camilo sat me down in one of her chairs and went to his mamá. He grabbed the cup of tea that was on the dresser infront of Pepa.

"It's okay Mami.. Deep breath in, deep breath out.." she started breathing with him until something knocked against the wall behind Pepa, causing lightning to strike and hit Camilo. He started changing into me, Augustine, and Felix.

"Oh amor-" I rushed over to him to check if he was okay, making him smile. He burst out laughing as I went up to him "Cami this isn't funny! You just got struck by lightning!"

"It's totally funny mariposa!" Señora Pepa giggled behind us, causing both of us to turn to her.

"You two fight like a married couple." I felt my face heating up and I knew I was blushing. I looked at the ceiling

"Mami! We aren't even dating." He whispered something after his sentence and then turned to me, shrugging.

"Oh my! You're wearing his ruana! He never lets anyone wear that! My baby you're all grown up and in love!" I blushed even harder as Pepa's cloud started raining again as she grabbed Camilo's face.

"Clear skies Mami.. clear skies." Camilo pat her shoulder as she nodded, the cloud going away, Pepa hugged her son and then walked over to me.

"Your eyes are puffy and red. Why were you crying. Camilo I swear if you hurt this poor girl, I will hurt you." Pepa smiled at me sweetly.

"Actually Señora Pepa, it was Abuela Alma." Pepa frowned, looking between me and Camilo. "She yelled at me and then slapped me."

The cloud that was once gone was now back and darker than ever. This would be an interesting night.