Raising an Angel Hybrid

Nikolina or Nina as she preferred to go by always knew she was different. When she turned seven was when she knew just how different. It was when she met her father if you can call an Angel that. She saw her parent as they really are. The Angel determined their daughter wouldn't care what appearance they came as they'd love them either way. The Angel had always been around protecting their daughter and the fake twin to ensure they'd be alive to unlock another hybrid's curse. That is how Mikael came to be desiccated not by the Angel but by Abby just as the original time line went. The Angel's hand in that matter was influencing Abby to get to the park in time to save the Gilbert girl.

Back to the story at hand, Nina had always spotted her parent around but was told it was her imagination. It wasn't until she was seven that the Angel finally made contact. The Angel felt that their daughter was old enough and smart enough to understand. They explained that she is an Angel witch hybrid. The Angel explained that she's specifically from the powerful travelers line that is currently cursed except that she isn't cursed. The Angel wouldn't let their only daughter be cursed. After the Angel explained everything their daughter asked why she didn't look like them. In other words why she has actual features and such. The Angel explained the offspring of Angels always take the appearance of their human side. That when they die and come back as full angels they still maintain their looks.

The Angel then took the time to explain all the supernatural creatures in existence and that she shouldn't hate them. They were all a part of nature. She was not to take after the judgy witch side. Not that the Angel would use words like judgy but you get the gist. The next few years were spent learning her Angelic and witch gifts. Her parent taught her everything she needed. Most importantly how to time jump so that she may see something coming that she'll need to stop.

As for those in Nina's life she was best friends with Caroline and Vicki. While her sister was close with Bonnie and Matt. She loved her sister but didn't worship her. They had their own lives. However, Nina loved her little brother with all she had even if she now knew he wasn't her brother by blood at all. They were super tight. We won't waste time on the baby and kid years any further. Now it is time to get into The Vampire Diaries plot.