As the Crow Flies

It was the day the plot kicks off not that I thought of it this way because for me it was real life. I headed down to make breakfast for everyone and save my beloved Aunt Jenna the hassle. I started the coffee and listened to quiet music as I prepared bacon, eggs, and creamy grits for everyone. The toast had just popped up when my Aunt Jenna rushed into the kitchen.

"You're an Angel." Jenna said before kissing my cheek.

I giggled as my aunt just seriously had no idea.  I mean I did tell her everything to come to prepare her but I didn't tell her what I was other than witch.

"Please tell me that's Lina's coffee I'm smelling and not Aunt Jenna's." Elena said as she came in the kitchen.

"Hey!" Jenna exclaimed.

"Busted!" I said with a grin.

Elena just laughed and kissed Aunt Jenna on the cheek before grabbing a mug.

"You know it's true Aunt Jenna. You're a disaster in the kitchen but we love you anyways." Elena said.

"I don't even have time to eat. I'm going to be late." Jenna said as she grabbed toast to go.

"Don't forget your laptop for your presentation!" I called out as she reached the front door.

"Right!" Jenna answered before grabbing her things.

"You still bringing me to school?" Elena asked once Jenna was gone.

"Of course. Along with my brother from another mother." I teased.

"What do you mean another mother?" Jeremy asked as he came in the kitchen.

"I mean obviously you're adopted. Look at how beautiful we are. You didn't come from these genes." I teased.

"I'm offended." Jeremy said.

If you're wondering if Jeremy is dealing with the loss of his parents in an unhealthy manner or developed an obsession with Vicki then worry not. His sister was there for him as she didn't really mourn them. She did love Miranda but not like Elena and Jeremy did and she hated Grayson. She knew the truth. Her friendship with Vicki and Caroline also caused them to be more confident. So Vicki never fell for a boy too young for her IE my brother or a fuck boy like Tyler. Now, don't get me wrong I don't hate Tyler. I get how being abused plus the rage he feels nearing full moons shaped him but he's not my favorite person either. You see I time jumped and saw what he did to Hayley when she was pregnant, and I just can't excuse it. No matter the grudge he will have with Klaus to take it out on a pregnant woman isn't the way a good guy behaves. I've always just stayed away from him.

"Earth to Lina." Elena said while waving her hand in front of me.

Guess I got distracted with my thoughts.

"It's time to go." Jeremy said.

I looked around and saw that he had already cleaned up the kitchen after us, so I ruffled his hair with pride and grabbed my things. We headed out to my loyal Toyota and left for school.

"So Lena tell me, if vampires were real and you had the chance to become one would you take it?" I asked.

There was totally a reason I was asking. I knew what was happening today.

"What? No way. Survive on blood? Live forever? No. That's not the life for me." Elena said decisively.

"Ok, but would you date one?" I asked.

"Nope." Elena said.

"Makes sense. Why date one if you don't want to be one?" Jeremy asked.

"True. That is what common sense would dictate." I said with a hum.