Who can you Trust?

I'd been living with my mates for a few weeks now and it's been relatively peaceful.  I knew another shoe had to drop.  Also, my aunt and family have officially moved into their own cabin on the land.  Mason actually learned more from Care on control then from any of my mates.  I've been doing a lot of time walking with Klaus taking him to different packs and then back to our home.  He's been successfully building his pack.  There were a lot of packs tired of living in hiding from vampires and hunters.  They knew a pack that included the originals would be a pack of strength.  I even connected Nik to his father's pack but they didn't want to join our pack.  Their pack was already a pack of strength but Nik did have family still living in it and ruling it.  They wanted to know each other so we did form an alliance with them which still strengthens both our packs.

It was now the end of summer and we were officially done building our pack as we've visited every pack in existence minus the cursed pack in New Orleans.  I was relaxing by our pool when my sister approached.

"Hey Lina, how are you?" Elena asked as she sat in the lounge chair next to me.

I glanced at my sister and could tell she wasn't asking the simple how are you but the serious how are you.

"I suspect I'm as well as you.  You loved Matt as I loved Vicki." I answered.

"And I suspect I'm doing better than you.  I've relaxed this entire summer aside from almost being turned into a vampire.  I've had time to mourn.  You've been on the go nonstop." Elena murmured.  

"Elena you're my twin through and through but we are different.  Half of me isn't even of this world.  I process differently then you.  I process as Angels do.  When they lose a loved one they mourn through revenge.  They rain hell down.  I did that.  I slaughtered Damon.  That was my mourning.  I promise you I'm good." I said with a soft smile.

"You've moved on just like that?" Elena asked with wide eyes.

"Will you think less of me sister?  I'm just not human like you.  But trust that I love you just as much as you love me.  If I lost you I might very well destroy this world.  After I move my mates and pack into a different universe.  There's nothing I wouldn't do for you dear twin." I promised.

There was a long pause of shocked silence before Elena finally spoke.

"I could never think less of you.  I think maybe the old me would have but when I died as brief as it was I really came to understand so much thanks to your parent.  I love you that much too dear twin." Elena said.

"This wouldn't normally be my kind of energy but right now it is.  My mom is still not talking to me claiming I'm not her daughter anymore.  I don't know what I need to do to make her see I'm still me." Caroline said as she plopped into the seat next to me.

"I guess it's up to me to cheer things up, right?  It's y'alls last year.  Surely you have amazing things planned.  Senior prank night, right?" I asked.

I graduated this year.  I knew all that was coming so I had taken advance classes through high school so I could graduate early.  I'm not in college either as I have literally an eternity in front of me so I can attend whenever I please.

"Actually I do have news.  I've already applied to colleges all away from here.  Mystic Falls doesn't feel like home anymore.  It just feels like a cursed place to live.  I've been accepted at Georgia State University so next summer I'll be moving to Atlanta." Elena said.

"That's exciting!" I said genuinely excited for my sister.

"Of course I have it all planned.  Where is Bon at anyway?" Care asked as she looked around.