Family Traumas

"Are you ready to do this, brother?" Elijah asked.

We could both see the nervous energy running through Nik.

"Let's do this." Nik said as they approached their siblings.

Nik of course went to his favorite, Bex.  Elijah went to Kol and so I went to poor Finn.  With a wave of my hand his casket opened and then I pulled the dagger from his chest.  I looked upon his chiseled face and then leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss upon his lips.  I pulled back in surprise when I felt the buzz tingling between us.  Another mate.  Then someone whizzed past me and I spun to see Kol stabbing Nik with a dagger.

"How long this time brother?" Kol demanded.

"Nice to see you too Kol." Nik responded with a roll of his eyes.

"A hundred years give or take." Elijah drawled out.

"And my punishment is over now?  For how long?" Kol asked.

"It won't happen again.  All threats to us are gone." Nik swore.

Kol froze.  Rebekah had been awake the entire time and was planning on waking last after everyone left but that statement shocked her.  Rebekah sat up immediately.

"He's dead?  Father?" Rebekah asked slowly.

"He is sister.  We're safe.  Always and Forever." Nik promised.

All anger Rebekah might have felt fled as she ran to Nik and hugged him.  A hand grasped my wrist and I looked to the casket behind me to find Finn gripping my wrist.  I watched the confusion flow through him at the mate connection buzzing between us.

"Mate?" Finn asked cautiously. 

Finn's voice drew the attention of all of his siblings.

"What a pretty little doll.  I wanna play." Kol said before speeding to me and shoving me against a wall.

I felt the mate bond once again before throwing him off me with my power.

"The pretty doll has pretty powers.  Wait.  What was that buzzing I felt?" Kol asked.

"Are you serious?  It was one thing to share her with Elijah but all of my brothers?" Nik asked in annoyance.

"I found her first brother.  I'm the one having to share her." Elijah said with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh?  If this will be a problem then I can take myself out of the equation all together." I answered with a shrug.

Finn might not have understood the modern lingo but he did get that she was leaving.

"No!  This whole family has abandoned me!  You can't too!" Finn cried out while vamping to me.

"We abandoned you?  Was it not you who abandoned us first?  Went off to your happy arranged marriage.  You never stopped father from abusing us.  You turned a blind eye.  You abandoned us." Nik bit out angrily. 

"Oh?  Where was I for the Always and Forever?" Finn asked.

"Like I said you abandoned us.  When we turned you took off.  How could we include someone who had already left us in the dust once again.  Stop playing victim brother." Nik answered.

"Ok.  Right now is not the time to hash this all out.  We're in the middle of a warehouse.  I'm positive there are three starving vampires right now who are not dressed for the modern day." I said.

"I like her.  Eating and shopping are her two concerns.  And I like those concerns.  Let's go new sister." Rebekah decided before putting her arm through mine and leading me out of the warehouse.