"Alright class, I'll see you after summer holidays!" Your teacher announced as the school bell rang through the halls.

The class of 9 year old's ran for the door to exit the building. You, yourself couldn't be anymore happier to leave yourself! Your school, although having been separated by grades, still had quite the number of student's attending. It was a prestigious school, you had to be quite intelligent to attend. Though, as previously stated, there was quite a lot of attendees. You had been pushed around at least 5 times now and you just got out of your class.

You headed towards your little brothers classroom, it was a floor down. Right, The school had a floor designated for a certain grade, meaning it had 12 floors. As the door was already open, you didn't bother knocking.

"Zander, it's time to go." You called out, seeing the said boy sitting down at his desk in the back. He must've not heard you, as he continued sitting down with his head down. "Zander?" You asked as you walked over to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Huh? Oh, hey Y/n!" He smiled at you.

"What are doing there?" You asked, returning his smile as you looked at his desk, seeing a picture of you, your mother, your father and him. "It looks so good, you're going to be a great artist when you grow up!"

"Thanks! I'll go get my bag now!" He smiled enthusiastically.

You followed your brother to his cubby, a place where his bag sat peacefully.

He grabbed his bag and you both made your way outside, holding hands so you didn't get separated by the big crowd still storming out of the building. You sat on a bench next to Zander, waiting for your parents' car to arrive. It didn't matter which parent picked you up, they were both equally as late as each other. Every. Single. Time. As annoying as it was, it was also quite peaceful. Your brother continued his drawing, whilst you picked up a book from your bag. You were both silent for a while, until your brother spoke up.

"Hey, Y/n?" He asked.

"Yeah?" You replied.

"Kids in my class were talking about going somewhere during the holidays..."

"Hmm?" You replied, focusing more on the book in front of you.

"They were talking about a place called the Mega Pizzaplex." He looked up at you, hoping you'd know what he was talking about.

"Oh, the new establishment?"

"Yeah...I want to go there, but I'm scared mum and dad won't let me..."

"I can ask! I'll bring it up at the dinner table, we can try to persuade them then!" You tried to get his hopes up. You did do this once a couple years ago. A plan to get your parents to take you to Disney world. It worked.

"Really?? Thank you, Y/n!" He hugged you in excitement. "I'm gonna tell everyone in my class!"

"You'll have to wait till after the school break ends first. You might not even go." You attempted to calm him down, but alas, no change occurred towards the boys actions. "Zander, calm down. You don't want to ruin the plan, do you?" 

"No! I'll be quiet about it!!" He turned his head back to his drawing in an attempt to calm down, at least that seemed to work for the mean time.

"Hey kiddos. Time to leave." Your father said as he exited his car.

"Daddy!" Your brother jumped off of his seat in excitement. You had to grab your brothers paper, pencils and bag. You packed them in the bag and picked it up. Now holding both yours and your brothers bags.

"You're here early." You stated, whilst walking to the car, giving your brother his bag on the way.

"Yeah, your mother asked me to leave work early so I could pick you guys up, we're going out for dinner." He responded, opening the door to the car so you and Zander could get in it.

You gave him a small thank you whilst you buckled yourself in, your brother doing the same shortly after. The drive home was mostly silent, until your father decided to break the tension by speaking.

"How was school? Got any homework?"

"No, luckily being young means I don't have to do it yet." Your brother remarked.

"Sadly yes, I have to do 3 hours of reading and some math homework." You told him

"Ahh, the good old days. I wish I was a child again, I could eat all the candy I want without a worry." Your father started to day dream.

"Dad, focus on the road." You snapped your fingers at him.

"Relax, I'm amazing at driving. Plus, we're home anyway."

He pulled into the driveway and parked the car. You all got out and headed inside, to be welcomed back by your mother, who was in a fancy dress.

"Welcome Home Kids, can you please get ready we are going out soon." She spoke in her usual sweet tone.

"Yes mum!" You and Zander replied in sync. You both rushed to your rooms and got ready for dinner.

/—/—/—/—/—/—/—/—/—/—/—/—/

"Where are we mama?" Your brother asked.

"We're at the restaurant your father proposed to me in." She replied.

You all got out of the car and made your way to inside.

"Hello, may I take your registration please?" A waitress asked.

"Table under (L/n) please." Your mother replied.

"(L/n), (L/n), (L/n)! Ah yes, this way please." The woman led you to a table at the back of the restaurant. "I'll come back in a few minutes for your order." And at that, the lady left, leaving your family alone.

"Here, take a menu." Your father handed one to you and you brother to share.

"What are you gonna get?" You asked Zander.

"I want chicken nuggets!" He said as he pointed towards the kids menu option.

"I'll get that too!" You turned to your parents. "Can we both get chicken nuggets?"

"Yeah sure, what drinks?"

You turned towards your brother, he nodded. Grinning, you turned back towards you parents.

"Can we get 2 cokes, please?" You asked.

Your mother sighed, not wanting to give in. But your father, he was always on your side. "Of course you can!"

"Yes!!" Your brother cheered.

"Thank you dad!"

Your mother gave your father a side glare.

After you had ordered and your food arrived, you spoke up.

"Y'know, we haven't been out for a while...we should go out on a vacation." You looked at your mother and back at your food. "There's this new place called the Mega Pizzaplex, we should visit sometime these holidays!"

You took a sip of your drink and looked at your parents, who were already looking at each other. Suddenly, they burst out into a fit of laughter, you looked at your brother with an awkward face, him returning it. You both looked back at them, as they had stopped and calmed down.

"Sweetie!" You mother pulled out four...tickets? "That's why we planned tonight's dinner, so we could tell you that we've already bought tickets to go there!"