8

"Sun! Sun!" You yelled, running out of the ball pit through the bridge you saw the day prior whilst playing hide and seek. Sun turned to you almost instantly, worried that a child might be hurt. But instead, his face turned into pure joy.

"Why hello again, (Y/n)!" Sun excitedly shouted in joy. "Is Zander here as well?" He asked.

"Yes! He's just saying bye to mum." You replied.

"And not your father?" He asked.

"No, dads getting some tickets for something. Mum and dad are gonna do some stuff together!" You replied, looking back at the slide, seeing Zander had come through, and was now playing in the ball pit with other kids.

"Well that doesn't really matter-let's just be glad we have more friends with us! Y'know what they say, the more the merrier!" He cheered.

"Sun!" Zander screamed.

"Hello little sunshine!" Sun beamed. "Since you guys just arrived, what do you say about choosing the next game we play?" Sun suggested.

"Yes!!" You and Zander squealed, high fiving rather loudly. "You can choose the game, Zander, at the moment I'm happy to play anything."

"Well in that case, can we play duck, duck, goose?!" He said loudly, attracting the attention of nearby children.

"Yeah can we play duck, duck, goose?!" They begged.

"Alright, it's settled, we're playing duck, duck, goose!" Sun announced. "Alright kids, come gather around! If you don't want to play, that's fine, but at least stay where I can keep my eyes on you!"

Every kid in the daycare formed a circle, sitting down and awaiting further instructions. You sat next to Zander, as everyone else was in groups with their friends and you didn't want to be alone.

"Alright," Sun started. "I'm going to wear a blindfold, whoever I end up choosing will be first up  when playing the game. Does everyone understand?" As soon as sun had finished laying down the instructions, everyone yelled yes, it now being the only thing you could hear. As spoken, Sun put on a blindfold, and started spinning in circles. After losing count on the amount of spinning Sun had done, he started walking towards a group of kids, tapping one on the head. As they stood up, you could see it was a boy-not just any boy-HENRY? The annoying boy from yesterday? Sun took off his blindfold, and announced that henry would be going first. He looked around at all of the kids sitting down, including you, seeing how you seemed displeased at Henry. When Henry's face was towards your direction, you could see a bandage over his nose. 'Did I break his nose? Deserved it to be honest...' You thought.

"Everyone may start playing, I'm just going to borrow (Y/n) over here for a moment." He then walked over to you, gesturing for you to stand up. You looked in confusion but complied anyway. He took you to a corner, just a little further away form the circle of kids. "What's wrong? You looked displeased at Henry." When you didn't answer, he continued, "It's okay to feel jealous sometimes, but in a situation like this, you should just try to focus on having fun, okay?"

"I'm not jealous!" You spoke disgusted, feeling appalled.

"Then what is it?" He asked.

"Yesterday, during naptime, he attempted to take the sundrop you gave me from my brother." You started, trying to think of a way to make this seem less of a serious topic.

"Anddd? Then what did you do? Ask for it back like the nice young girl you are?" He teased slightly.

"Sun...I punched him in the nose?" You grinned, thinking of his face after you had hit him. You looked at sun, seeing his expression being the same as ever. Still, you could some sort of emotion coming from him, though you didn't understand what it was that was emitting from him. "What's wrong Sun?" You asked, now it was your time to tease him.

"You...are one ruthless 9 year old..." He mumbled, a hint of fear in his voice. He slowly backed away, heading back to the group of running immature children. "That would explain the more moon left me. Come back to the group, before someone steals your spot next to your brother."

"Yes sir." You said in a funny tone, sitting back down.

"What was that about?" Zander asked.

"Nothing, don't worry about it." You replied.

"...Duck...duck, duck, duck...GOOSE!" A girl yelled. You saw that Zander had sat up and started chasing the girl. He successfully tagged her, as she plumped down bored. Zander went around for a while, tapping and saying duck, before finally saying goose on an unsuspecting victim, Henry. Oh crap.

Zander didn't get caught, instead he was fully able to sit back down before Henry could catch up, all thanks to Henry deciding to walk in an attempt to humiliate Zander. Without caring, Henry started tapping kids' shoulders'. You watched him, especially when his eyes landed on yours, and his annoyed face started showing. Suddenly, a smug look appeared on his face. You had two thoughts at that moment, either 1. Henry was going to choose you, or 2. Henry was trying to make it look like he was going to tag you, but wouldn't. You didn't bother moving into a position that would show you're ready to run, but instead casual and laid back type. Since you were a child, it wouldn't take you long to get up and chase him. Buuut, then there's the chance he's faster than you, and you wouldn't be surprised if he was, you did suck at sport after all. Henry was getting closer by the minute, and you were trying to deduct from the look of his face and body language what he was going to do. By the looks of it, you were going to get tagged. You got ready, thinking of what you should do. The time had come. Henry was about to tag you. You heard, "goose" and a tap, so with that, you didn't bother getting up. You used your arm to reach out to him and slap his bare leg.

"Gotcha." You teased. Immediantly, Henry looked for excuses, saying to Sun,

"That doesn't count! She didn't even get up!" He yelled.

"Oh I think it does. You see, there are no rules saying you HAVE to get up, only you have to tag the person." You teased.

"Sun!" He yelled for back up.

"Sorry kiddo, but (Y/n) is indeed correct, you do not have to stand up." Sun said, backing you up.

You grinned mischievously as you watched your new rival walk away angry.