2

Your family was in the car. 2 weeks ago your mother announced that you were going to the Mega Pizzaplex. You had woken up at the crack of dawn. Now, you had to go for a 3 hour long drive just to get to a hotel that was still half an hour away from the Pizzaplex. You had been currently listening to 80's music, it was your parents' favourite genre. Every now and then, a song you'd know would come on and you would start singing it.

"Muuum, are we there yeeeet?" Zander sighed, stopping his sketch that he was working on.

"Almost, continue drawing for now." She replied, seeming equally as bored.

The drive felt like it had taken years, but it had only been 2 hours and a half. You looked over at your brother, who was drawing what looked like an...elephant..? When you looked at all the finished drawings, you saw many different animals in cages.

"What are drawing?" You asked out of curiosity.

"I'm drawing a zoo! Every page is a new part of the zoo, with its on individual animal!"

"That's going to take a while to put together."

"But it's gonna be worth it!" He announced as he grabbed another juice box out of the snack bag your dad packed for the trip.

"Sure it is..." You spoke as you grabbed yourself a juice box. "Do either of you want a juice?" You asked your parents.

"No thank you sweetheart." Your father replied.

"Mum?" You asked again.

"Yeah, pass one over here." She responded.

You grabbed another juice out and gave it to her. You leaned back into your seat, poking the straw into your juice and looking out the window. Eventually you could finally see buildings. You tapped on Zander's shoulder to get his attention. He looked and you pointed to the window.

"Are we here?!" He asked.

"We just got into town, I say another 20 minutes or so and we'll be at the hotel." Your father replied.

"Yay!" Your brother cheered enthusiastically once again.

Getting heavily bored, you pulled your own drawing book out and started sketching. By the time you finished this drawing you should be at the hotel. There was only one problem. Art block.

"Mum, give me something to draw." You spoke,

"Uh I don't know...the main character in that book you're reading?"

"oh, okay. Thank you!"

The book you were reading had a series, and you were up to the 3rd book, so you knew what most of the characters looked like. You picked up your pencil, and started sketching out a head, then the body. You decided to put them with their best friend, so you would have more to draw and not finish quickly. You sketched out the hair, and clothes. You then erased the sketch and went over it with fine liner, doing the same with the main characters best friend.

"Zander, can I borrow some colouring pencils?" You asked, as you know found out
you had left your own colouring pencils at home.

"Of course! Just please don't loose any..." he handed you his pencil case and continued sketching out the next animal.

"Thank you." You grabbed the colour of the MC's hair, and started colouring it in.

"We're here." Your father announced, causing you and your brother to snap your heads up and look at the building in front of you.

"Wow!!" Your brother said with gleamy eyes.

"Woah!! You paid for a really pretty hotel." You got out of the car, still awestruck at the sight of the hotel.

You all got out of the car and made your way inside the building, your father grabbing out all the luggage. Your brother and you ran into the building.

"Oh. My. God." Your brother audibly gasped.

"Kids, take your bags." Your father commanded as he handed the two of your bags. He turned around and headed back outside the building. A little while later he came back inside with your mother and their bags.

"Let's go check in at the registration table." Your mother spoke as she walked towards the desk lady.

"Hello ma'am, how may I serve you?" The desk lady asked.

"Hey, reservation for the (L/n) family."

"Uh yes, room 172, here are your keys ma'am."

"Thank you." Your mother shortly replied. "Alright kids, c'mon, let's go into the elevator." Your family all huddled into the elevator, causing not much room to be left in it. The elevator went up for a while, but finally stopped.

"Level 5. Remember that kids." Your father spoke.

He took the keys off of your mother and started walking into the direction of your room. Two lefts, then a right. Your father opened the door with the number 172 on it. You were amazed at the sight before your eyes as both and Zander ran into it. A beautiful modern decorated lounge-room was the first room you walked into, one the left was the same beautifully styled kitchen. Ahead of the lounge room, was two other doors. Presumably the bedrooms.

"Which rooms ours?" Zander asked impatiently.

"I don't know, go look." Your father groaned, putting down the luggage at the entrance.

"It's only 9am, I'll make some breakfast, you guys settle in!" Your mother kindly offered.

"Did you pack things to make breakfast with?" Your father asked.

"Yes, I did."

You followed your brother to the room on the left, it had a large bed with thick sheets facing a tv, the quality of the room the same as the other two.

"This is probably mum and dads room." You said, leading your brother to the room on the right. You opened the door, the sight before you showed two equally as delicate as the other bed. The room had 2 beds, a carpet, 2 bed side tables, a lamp and a window.

"I claim the left bed!" Your brother yelled.

"That's fine I wanted the right one anyway." You flopped onto your bed, exhausted even though you hadn't yet done anything. You decided to sleep, hopefully waking up by the time you leave to go to the Pizzaplex. You weren't that hungry anyway.