20

Startled, you wake up abruptly to a scratchy feeling in your throat. You sit up, and allow yourself to cough away the unsettling feeling. Although, The coughing had not helped, and nor had the thick layer of black smoke in the daycare.

It was on fire.

"M-M! Moony!" You shake the animatronic awake, desperate for him to wake up and somehow stop the flames erupting inside the daycare.

Had someone set the daycare on fire? Was there an electrical issue? Did someone forget to blow out a candle? You didn't know- You're just a kid! But all of those options could have happened. And yet, you find yourself doubting that someone had simply forgotten to blow out a candle, as not only did Sun ban candles from the daycare for this exact issue, but also because the daycare shouldn't have burnt down this quickly. You suspect something more sinister to have happened.

"Moon! Moony! Wake up!" You yelled, accidentally pushing the animatronic over. Luckily, that seemed to have reawakened the dormant animatronic.

"What's with all the... screaming..." Moon cut himself off, as his attention was instead directed to the black smoke devouring all of the oxygen inside of the daycare. "What the..." Moon instantly stood up, and a small buzzing noise could be heard coming from his wire-box. "The entire pizzaplex is in flames..." He muttered to himself, not really wanting you to have heard what he had said. Unfortunately, you had heard.

"W-What!?" You yelled in horror, before started to cough again, due to the smoke.

"I'll find a way out, stay here." Moon commanded, before disappearing into the darkness.

"Wait! D-Don't leave me! Moon!" You squealed, and unfortunately began to cough again.

You didn't know what to do. You were all alone, in an enclosed, burning daycare, with no adults, no friends... not even your family.

Plus, you couldn't forget the fact you were injured. Your body felt both numb, but also as if someone was griping your nerves.

It hurt. A lot.

"M-" You tried getting out, but found yourself struggling, due to the sore throat, the heaving, and the coughing, you kept getting cut off. "Moon!!" You screamed out. "Sun!?" You cried, wanting somebody to find you. Save you. "Please..."

You stood up, and tried looking through the smoke for your own way out. Moon wasn't back- and for all you know, he could be stuck, or escaping without you. So, you walked off.

You held your hand over your mouth in attempt to 'filter' the dark smoke that consistently leaked into your lungs. The large wooden doors near the security office were up in large, hot flames, that devoured every inch of wood they touched. They were the only way out. Either that, or you climb the slide. But with your leg, you would continuously fall into the ball pit, and probably get stuck.

You hopped on over to those burning doors, staring at them for a moment. You could wait until they fully burned up... but by then, the fire could have caught up to you. So, you did the least rational thing a child your age could.

You hobbled through the doors, going as quickly as you could. Unfortunately for you, you fell over for a moment, and accidentally burned your arm. You let out a loud screech of agony, holding your arm tightly as pain soared through your veins.

Quickly, and not so cautiously, you scrambled to your feet again, and rushed out, bumping against one of the doors. However, even with your new found freedom from the smoke-filled daycare, you were still in excruciating pain! You couldn't catch a break, and it felt like everything was out to get you.

"Moon?" You called out loudly again, hoping they could hear you now. But they couldn't.

You didn't bother waiting. You continued to walk. And, despite the overwhelming pain in your entire body, you continued to climb the stairs, until you were finally at the top.