o n e

TW// It's still angsty for a few chapters, there could be mentions of violence or blood. 

Monday, April 6th - 8:15 pm

"We found Styles' car," Chief Ellis tells Louis and Zayn after receiving a phone call, "The security covering him that morning is at the hospital, they made him crash his car, he just got out of surgery and called us." 

"They ditched Styles' car a few streets further, nothing of his belongings are in there. However there was a kid's carseat in the back, do you guys know anything about his kid or partner so we can check up on them and break the news?" 

Louis gulps a little, looking at Zayn, "Uh- I'm his partner. The carseat is my- our son's."

Harry is his legal guardian and it raising him alongside of Louis, and it might help with the judgement against their unknown relationship. 

"Oh- That's not mentioned in his records," Chief Ellis frowns. 

"We couldn't report our relationship because the case against Commander Page was already open and he's the head of HR," Louis tells hims. 

The chief sighs, "Tomlinson, you know I can't let you work on your partner's case-"

"Chief, I know how it could affect Louis' judgement but we're the ones who know the case inside and out. We know every single detail and are familiar with suspects, we have to find Styles as soon as possible and I'm certain without Louis we have half the chance to find him," Zayn interrupts him. 

The chief sighs again, looking at some of his detectives, "You know what, I agree. But tell us if it gets too much, I know how I'd react if it were my wife."

Louis nods, "Thank you, now could I be excused for a moment to call my mother in law, she's watching my son and I'd just like to know if they're okay." 

Ellis nods, "Write down the address, we'll send extra security. You're all going to be under extra security from now on. You know what, write down all the people you're in contact with the most, close family or friends. We need to cover them all. Louis can you cover Harry's family?"

Louis nods, scribbling down the address and Niall's before walking out of  the room, going into Harry's office to call Anne. 

"I can't allow anyone in there," Kevin sneers before Louis can open the door. 

"I need to call Chief Styles' mom," Louis snaps.  

Kevin scoffs, "That's a good reason why?" 

"Her son is missing and my son and she are currently in danger, every second you keep me here the chances of them being targeted get bigger."

Without any other words Louis walks into the office, slamming the door a bit. 

He looks around, sighing shakily when he sees three drawings from Luke against his wall. Harry was so proud every time Lucas made one especially for him. 

He fumbles with his phone and dials Anne's number. 

"Hi Louis!" 

"Anne," Louis breathes out, trying to keep a steady voice, "Are you guys okay?" 

"Of course, honey. We're just about to finger paint, why do you ask?" 

Louis takes another deep breath, "Something happened." 

"Louis, darling, what's wrong?" 

Louis blinks away some tears, "I- I really don't want to tell you over the phone but I can't leave right now, I-"