s i x

"Zayn," Louis gasps when his friend wakes up, "How are you feeling?" 

"Like I just got shot in my leg," Zayn mutters, voice hoarse, "You find Harry?" 

Louis offers him his water with a dry chuckle, "I found him, he's in surgery though." 

"Why? Is he okay?" 

"I don't know, he passed out right before the ambulance arrived," Louis bites his lip in worry. 

"Shit, I hope he's fine." 

"You should focus on your recovery right now. And rest. How did this even happen?" 

"Some guy was going after you through the basement door so I had to stop him but while I was doing that someone else shot me," Zayn shrugged, "Rookie mistake, was only focused on one thing." 

Louis bites his lip, "Thank you for looking out, mate. Hate that you got shot because of it but thank you." 

Zayn smiles, "You know I always have your back, did you take the lad out though?" 

"I did, yeah. Harry's the reason I'm not dead right now, he was about to hit me in the head with a brick but H warned me right in time," Louis tells him. 

"Did you get to tell him you love him?" Zayn smirks knowingly. 

Louis nods with a small smile, "I did, felt so good. I'd be damned if it were the last time I could tell him. I need him to be fine." 

"He will be, he's strong. He'll come through, Lou." 

Louis nods, "Thank you. You should call your mom. We didn't want to call her until we were sure the surgery would succeed."

~

"Mr Tomlinson?" 

Louis wakes up, wiping his drool off the side of his mouth. He fell asleep, leaning on the edge of Zayn's bed. 

"Yeah?" He blinks his eyes a few times. 

"Mr Styles' surgery went perfect. He woke up 5 minutes ago and is asking for you," The nurse smiles softly. 

"He's okay?!" 

Zayn shoots up at Louis' loud voice, "Who's okay?" 

"Harry- He's okay, Zayn!" Louis chuckles, kissing Zayn's cheek in joy. 

Zayn chuckles and beams happy at Louis' pure delight, also glad his best friend is alive, of course. 

"What time is it? I have to call his mom and Lukey," Louis rambles, taking out his phone. 

He sees it's only 4pm and dials Anne's number after bidding Zayn goodbye and following the nurse. She shows him the room and offers him some privacy. 

"Louis?" 

"Yeah, Anne, it's me. I have great news." 

Anne smiles already, "Did you find him?" 

"I did and he's okay now," Louis tells her, trying to hold in his own tears while he hears Anne's sobs.

"Really- Oh my! I-I can't thank you enough. Where is he?" 

"We're at the hospital in Manchester. He just woke up from surgery, I'm about to see him. You could drive over with Luke if you want. I'm staying here as long as he has to." 

"We'll be leaving right now. Lukey will be over the moon to see both of you," Anne chuckles wetly. 

As soon as Louis got of the phone he wipes his tears again and enters Harry's room.