s e v e n t e e n

Louis wakes up first on his birthday. Just like last year and funnily enough Harry is cuddling with Lucas just like a year ago. 

He can't believe it has been 365 days since his power got cut off and Harry had saved him from that disaster. 

He yawns and takes a picture of his boys, just like last year. 

He makes his tea, just like last year.

He even looks out of the window, just like last year. 

The biggest change about all this is that they love each other and are getting married.

Louis feels at home here, well it is his home now too. 

Harry is Lucas' daddy. 

Everything feels so fucking good. 

Just like Harry's arms that are wrapping around him. Another thing that didn't change. 

"Happy birthday, love," Harry mumbles while pressing kisses on his bare neck. 

Louis smiles and puts his cup down before turning around, "Thank you, baby." 

He kisses Harry softly, cuddling into his chest. 

"Want to go back to bed to drink your tea?" 

Louis hums, knowing Harry doesn't want Lucas to wake up alone ever since the incident with Eleanor. His attachment anxiety has spiked to a new level, whenever he doesn't see his papa or daddy for a second he's panicking.

And Harry absolutely hates seeing his son cry. Especially when he could've dodge the panic attack easily. 

Louis clings onto Harry's shoulders and jumps onto his waist. 

Harry chuckles and supports his bum with one hand taking his tea in the other. 

"Still tired?" 

Louis hums again, "Made the tea to get sleepy again." 

Harry kisses his temple while lowering him on the bed next to Lucas. He pulls him on his chest as soon as he's laying down too. 

"Look at that, I'm the big spoon, feels weird." 

Louis chuckles and kisses his chest, "It does feel weird yet comfortable, I get why you want to be the small spoon." 

"Don't get used to it, I will forever be the little spoon," Harry pouts. 

Louis fiddles with Harry's engagement ring, "Forever." 

He makes himself more comfortable, nuzzling into Harry's neck. He's surprised how comfortable it actually is. 

Harry smiles fondly when he hears little snores against him and drinks Louis' lukewarm tea since he won't be finishing that.

Lucas wakes up not even 20 minutes after Louis fell asleep, rolling around until he's against Harry's side. 

The latter puts away his book and rubs Lucas' back softly, "Hi, bubba." 

It takes another five minutes until Lucas lifts his head and smiles at his daddy. 

"Aren't you a cute little monkey," Harry smiles and ruffles his curls. 

Lucas giggles and climbs higher trying to hug Harry but Louis is in the way. 

Harry is almost sure Louis will wake up but he just sleeps through Lucas' arms on his face. 

"Let's let your papa sleep a bit longer, love. It's his birthday, remember?" 

Lucas gasps, "Yesh, make cu'cakes?"

"Yes, love. Give me a second to roll your papa off of me."

Lucas giggles again while Harry tries doing it as smooth as possible.