f i f t e e n

"Daddy!"

Harry sets down his coffee on the table and goes to Lucas' room to see him jumping in his cot.

He gasps, "My favorite little boy is up?!"

Lucas giggles and reaches out his arms to be picked up. He's been sleeping through for a few months now which made Harry and Louis' life way easier.

It's almost Christmas and Louis was actually working but Harry had a few days off. He had some vacation days over that year so better use them up to spend it with his son, right?

"Let's get you some breakfast so we can decide what we're going to do with all our time today, hm?"

They've done a lot of things the last few days, building a fort, drawing pictures, played parkour,..

"Papa away?"

"Papa's already at work, love," Harry smiles, Louis left really early today so he'd be done by 2 to join them. It's his last day so he wants to start his Christmas break early.

Lucas pouts, he usually sees Louis in the morning since he wakes up way sooner than his papa.

"We can go surprise your papa today?"

"Supwise?"

Harry chuckles at the small frown on the toddler's face and nods, "We can visit him and uncle Zayn, how about that?"

"Yesh!"

Harry presses a kiss to his forehead, "Do you want banana bread, love?"

The blue eyes light up while he nods erratically, ever since Harry couldn't make it with him when he got abducted he makes it every weekend with the boy.

He wonders when he'll get sick of it because he knows Louis sure as hell is.

Harry helps him eat while they listen to some Christmas music, it is in fact Harry's favorite season.

He bathes the toddler and takes his time to dry his hair since it's cold outside. After that he bundles both him and Lucas up for the snowy weather before making their way outside.

He makes sure to make a goofy picture in the elevator mirror to send to Louis, both sticking out their tongues with their matching pink beanies snug on their head. The resemblance between them makes it easy for people not to confuse them as anything other than father and son.

They have seen people look confused when they're out all three and they can't seem to figure out how Lucas looks like both of them. It's quite funny, they even have had an old lady ask them how Lucas looked like both of them.

Louis: Ridiculously cute !! where are you heading?

Harry smiles and ignores the text, not wanting to ruin the surprise.

"Daddy?"

"Hm?"

"We go pawk afte' daddy?"

Harry purses his lips, "If it's not snowing too much we can go play a bit, yeah."

Lucas cheers, "Wan' go slide!"

Harry smiles, knowing they have bought the perfect gift for him.

"We also have to go shopping for papa's birthday, love," Also for Christmas but the toddler can't know that, the gifts on that day are from Santa.

"Papa birfday?"

"It's on Saturday, in four days," Harry says, "Right before Santa will bring our gifts."

Lucas gasps, "I hafta make dwawing fo' papa!"

Harry straps him into the car, "You'll have plenty of times, bubba."