n i n e

"I'm so sorry, bubba. We'll be back," Harry tells Lucas for the 10th time at least.

"No go," Lucas cries out, gripping Harry even tighter.

"Love, we'll be back tonight. Nothing's going to happen," Louis tries.

Lucas cries even harder now, "No! You go an' Hazzy go an' no come back!"

Harry wipes his own cheek quickly when a tear rolls down, "Hey, hey, baby. What if Nana and you come over to our work at lunch?"

Lucas hiccups but listens to him.

"You'll see us in a few hours and you'll see we're still there, yeah?"

"Isn't it dangerous?" Anne whispers to Louis.

Louis shakes his head, "We found ever mole. The office has a lot of protection right now so it's the safest place to be basically."

"How long?" Lucas asks, voice shaky and eyes still full with tears.

"Well, we're going to color first and then go see the duckies and play outside. When we did that we can go see your papa and Hazzy."

Louis kisses his head softly, "Baby, do you remember how much fun you had with Nana before?"

Lucas nods his head timidly.

"Well, you're going to have just as much fun and even more, okay?"

The toddler's face stays in a frown but he nods again, "See you an' Hazzy aftew duckies?"

Harry hums, "Yes, love. Uncle Zayn will probably be there too, how does that sound?"

Lucas shrugs but his grip lessens a bit.

"I love you, baby. Have fun here," Harry kisses his cheek a few times before handing him to Louis.

"We'll see you later, hm? I love you so much. You're doing so good," Louis tells him next while pressing kisses to his face.

His therapist told him to praise him in situations like these.

Lucas giggles a bit, "Love 'ou."

Harry smiles at that, happy the tears are fading at least a bit.

They're glad they get to leave a few minutes after that, knowing they'll see him at lunch eases them just as much as it eases Lucas.

"Are you ready to step into the office by my side?" Harry asks Louis once in the car.

Louis smiles at him, "Of course I am. I'll be Misses Chief Styles."

Harry cackles while Louis starts driving to the station.

"What were the rules again?"

"No unprofessional public affection but like they can't fire us for a kiss or something," Harry mutters.

"Oh- can they fire us for sucking each others-"

"God Louis! Yes, that goes for everyone," Harry chuckles, almost choking on his own spit.

"But like in public, not in your office," Louis smirks.

"Why would you suck my dick in public anyways?"

"Is that really a question you want to be asking right before we enter?"

"No."

Louis laughs and puts his hand on Harry's knee, "We'll be fine, love."

Harry hums, "It seems like we will."

After Louis parks he turns to Harry and pulls him into his arms, "I love you, sun."