e i g h t

"Holy shi-"

"Louis!" Harry hisses and covers Lucas' ears even though he's asleep. 

"Oh god, sorry. You're so hot, wow," Louis' mouth hadn't fully closed yet since Harry walked through the door with Lucas on his hip.

"You think?" 

"If Luke weren't here I'd be showing you how hot you were, damn," Louis bites his lip and reaches out to touch Harry's short curls, "I will miss pulling your long hair, though." 

Harry blushes and smiles softly, "It's still a decent pulling-length." 

Louis hums, "Let's test it out later, hm?" 

"I won't say no to that." 

Louis stands on his tippy toes to kiss his boyfriend, also pecking his son's cheek. 

"My two handsome boys, look at that. All matching," Louis smiles widely when Luke starts waking up and lifts his head off Harry's chest. 

The toddler yawns widely before falling back against Harry's chest. Louis chuckles at that while Harry smiles fondly. He has the same haircut as Harry, He insisted on cutting it with him since he wanted to look like him. 

"How was your mum?" 

She's the one who cut both of his boys' hair, it's also the first time after the incident Harry went out without Louis. It was a big step even though they still had plenty security following them around. 

"Great, she was over the moon about us going back to work tomorrow," Harry chuckles while following Louis to the couch. 

"She really missed her alone time with Luke, hm?"

Harry nods, adjusting Luke on his chest for a moment and kissing his head softly, "She was considering getting a third cat because she felt so lonely without him there." 

Louis smiles softly at them and trails his fingers through Harry's curls again, "I love you." 

Harry looks up with a bit confusion but smiles back when he sees the emotion in Louis' eyes. He leans in a bit and presses a short kiss to his lips before whispering the words back to his boyfriend. 

~

"Are you ready?"

Harry frowns, looking up from where's he's laying against Louis' chest. 

"To go back tomorrow." 

Harry closes his book, folding his page first before laying it on the bedside table. A nasty habit according to Louis, Harry told him he likes it when his books look used. 

"I think I am, are you?"

Louis hums, a bit unsure. 

"What's wrong?" Harry asks, while trailing Louis' it is what it is tattoo. 

"I'm ready to go back but it's just weird now that the case is as good as done. And everyone knowing we locked up the commander and my old chief," Louis sighs. 

Harry cringes a bit, thinking about Commander page and what he did to him. His ankle still hurt but his plastic cast got off a few days ago. His body is also littered with nasty scars and bruises that are still taking their time to heal. 

"D'you think people will pity me?" Harry scrunches his nose. 

Louis sighs yet again, rubbing Harry's back, "Probably." 

Harry closes his eyes for a few seconds, his voice barely there when he speaks again, "Did all of my detectives see me? On the live stream?"

Louis shakes his head before pressing a kiss to Harry's forehead, "Only me and Zayn. The others working that close on the case were the detectives of Commander Ellis."