t e n

"Papa!!" 

"Shh, Lukey," Louis chuckles when a few officers look at them before taking him from Anne, "Hi, Anne." 

Anne smiles at the two and kisses Louis' cheek, "How's today been?" 

"Great," Louis smiles, "H seems to be doing fine, I checked in on him a few times." 

"How did my monkey behave?" 

"Perfectly, as always," Anne smiles while following Louis up to their floor. 

Not before Laura gushed a few seconds about how big Luke was getting and how cute he was. 

"Gemma's coming over next weekend and she's bringing her kids. Do you guys want to come?" 

"Oh, of course, I have to check with Harry if we have anything planned but I don't think we do," Louis smiles while letting Lucas push the right button in the elevator. 

"Great, I'm looking forward to see you all together," Anne smiles fondly, already imagining Aurora and Tommy playing with Lucas. 

Louis smiles while Lucas babbles to him about his day until the elevator makes a sound, signaling that they've arrived. 

Lucas giggles, just like he did last time, which brings Louis back to Harry babysitting for the first time. 

He would've never imagined getting into a serious relationship with his boss almost a year ago. 

"Hazzy?" 

Louis hums, "We're going to his office, bubba." 

Louis knocks on the door while Kevin doesn't even dare to look at him. 

Good, Louis thinks. 

"Come in!" 

"Hazzy!" Lucas starts squirming when he sees him until Louis drops him on the floor. He runs over to Harry immediately, clinging to his legs. 

"Hiya, baby," Harry smiles and picks him up. 

He kisses his cheek before asking him how his time with Nana was, the toddler starts babbling yet again while Harry greets his mom and boyfriend. 

They have a quick lunch before Harry and Louis take Lucas to see the new police puppies. 

"I wan' puppy!" 

"Shh, love, they're little babies. You have to be calm around them, Luke," Louis shushes him while letting him pet one. 

Harry smiles while watching them. He sees Louis wants a puppy just as much as Lucas by the way he gasps when the puppy lays his head down on his hand. 

"Can Luke have puppy?" 

Louis looks up at Harry, expectantly. 

Harry raises an eyebrow, "Maybe we should get one outside the force. A smaller one perhaps?" 

Louis raises his eyebrow the exact same way, "Weren't you a cat-person?"

"I'm a Lukey-person. Whatever makes him smile makes me smile." 

Louis scoffs, "He's going to be spoiled." 

"As he should," Harry shrugs. 

Louis rolls his eyes yet again, looking back at where the mom is feeding her little pups, "This is giving me another idea, really." 

"What?" Harry frowns. 

Louis smiles with his mouth closed, looking back at Harry, "I'll tell you later." 

Harry is an impatient man, not knowing something is probably worse than being shot at for him. 

"Lou," Harry whines.