{Nayeon} - i've got you

"That's it, baby girl," Nayeon whispered softly as she let you squeeze her hands as tightly as you need to through the terrible pain.

A few seconds later, you dropped your forehead onto her chest as you tried to catch your breath.

This day is supposed to be so exciting. You and Nayeon have been waiting so long for it to come.

You've gone through so much to get here, carrying them safely inside you as they grew and grew.

And now, the day has come when it's about time for them to join the world, and while Nayeon is feeling so excited that she can't stop talking about it, you're not exactly feeling the joy of the entire situation.

Of course you're excited to meet them, but the pain is already so awful it's hard to even put it into words, and somehow it just keeps getting worse every time it returns.

"Nayeon, I don't think I can do it anymore." You sniffled, trying to prepare yourself for the next pain that's bound to hit within the next couple of minutes, or sooner with how close things are getting.

"Don't say that, my love." She whispered comfortingly. "I know you're getting overwhelmed but you're okay. You've got this."

"It's been ten hours since it started and I feel like it's getting close but not close enough to anything happening yet." You mumbled as you gazed up at her.

Nayeon bit her lip as she rubbed your arms comfortingly.

"It's actually been eleven hours now, darling."

You groaned and put your head on her shoulder.

"Oh, I know. I know, baby. I know you're so tired; physically, mentally, and emotionally. I know you're hurting. I know it's so much worse than either of us thought it could be. But you're doing such a good job."

"I don't feel like I'm doing good." You sniffled.

"You may not think so, but you are. Look at what you're doing. You're about to bring our baby into the world. That's beautiful, baby. I don't think I could do what you're doing."

You cracked a small smile, but a few seconds later your jaw dropped a bit and you gasped as the pain came back again, so much worse than before.

"Oh, Nayeon," you groaned loudly.

"It's okay. I've got you." She whispered as she let you squeeze her left hand tightly while you used your other hand to clutch at her hoodie, your grip so tight that there was a slight tearing sound as you ripped it a tiny bit.

"Sorry," you mumbled, your teeth clenched.

"Don't be sorry, baby." She chuckled. "It's okay. It's just a hoodie. You grip it as tight as you need to. I'll replace it later. You just find comfort in whatever you can right now." She said as she rubbed your back, holding you close as you tried to get through the pain.

"It's so bad." You groaned.

"I know." She whispered. "You're doing good. Just a little more."

It took a few more agonizing seconds before it began to fade away a little and finally, you exhaled shakily and released your grip.

"Feel like it's getting closer?"

You nodded slowly, knowing that it wouldn't be too much longer until your baby would finally arrive.

"Good. You're going to make it through it. You're so strong and you're doing such a great job." Nayeon encouraged with her cute little bunny smile as she tucked a lock of hair behind your ear. "I'm right here. I won't let you go."

"Promise?" You pleaded as you prepared yourself for the pain once more.

"I promise. I've got you. I'm not letting go of you, I swear." She said and kissed your head, continuing to hold you close.