{Sana} - squeeze my hands

"It's okay, y/n. I'm right here with you." Sana said as she rubbed your back soothingly.

The ache in her heart was intense as she stayed by your side, helping you once again through the intense pain you were in.

It's been going on for the last seven hours. It hit at eight o'clock tonight, just as you and Sana were curling up on the sofa for a relaxing night. That's when your baby decided it was time they prepared to enter the world.

Now it's three in the morning and you're exhausted but in far too much pain to even try to be able to sleep.

Sana was feeling kinda sleepy herself, on top of the nerves and excitement she felt. But she doesn't plan on closing her eyes anytime soon. Not when you need her the most.

She's been trying so hard to help you through each pain as it comes again and again.

You're convinced they can't get any worse but you eat your words every time because it only gets more and more intense every time you feel the unbearable ache.

It's so bad that you don't groan or whimper anymore, you're almost screaming.

Not loud enough to inform the entire hospital that, judging by what would frequent screams, your baby was close to coming.

But loud enough to make Sana's heart hurt more and more as she realizes how terribly you're hurting.

She feels terrible because she knows there's not much she can do to take the pain away.

She knows all she can really do is be there for you.

She has two hands for you to squeeze, she can dry any tears that fall, kiss you when you need it, and try to encourage you when you're convinced your baby will never come.

She frowned when she noticed that you were biting your lip, your teeth sunk into it so hard she worried it would begin bleeding soon if she didn't make you stop.

"Stop, darling," she whispered, brushing her thumb and index finger under your lip. "Don't make it bleed. Just squeeze my hand instead."

She took your hand and encouraged you to squeeze it as tight as you needed to and she did her absolute best to keep herself from wincing in pain.

"Am I hurting you?" You mumbled as you tried to catch your breath, releasing Sana's hand from yours as the pain faded for a moment or two.

"Not at all. You're fine, my love." She assured and kissed your cheek.

You hung your head after that, sighing shakily before you swallowed thickly and closed your eyes. The pain wasn't coming back, not this soon.

But you were feeling it; the discouragement and frustration, and you were getting a little anxious over everything.

"Sana, I'm convinced they're never coming." You grumbled and she bit her lip to hold back the laugh she nearly let out.

"Soon, baby. They will very soon." She said. "I know you're tired and you're hurting and you just want this to all be done and over with but it won't be much longer."

"It's only a little after three am. It's only been seven hours. It's this bad already. I can't imagine how much more agonizing it will be."

Sana nodded her head understandingly.

She knew this day would be anything but fun. She knew it would be far from easy to bring your baby into the world.

But she never thought it'd be this bad.

She tried to prepare herself for this day. When she'd be by your side every minute and have to encourage you because it was only a matter of time until you felt like nothing was going right, but she's always known deep down that she'd never be able to prepare herself to see you in such pain.

But she's still there by your side.

She hasn't left for even a second. She's doing her very best. She just hopes it's enough.

She was caught in her thoughts for a moment and before she knew it, you were groaning loudly and snapping her out of her thoughts.

"It's okay." She whispered. "I know it's agonizing. Hold my hands," she said and let you take both of her hands into yours.

"Squeeze them, babe. Squeeze them as tight as you need to."

Your grip was tight, even more so than before, but she didn't complain.

She helped you through it, again and again, keeping her eye on the clock to track the time in between and her heart pounded in anticipation upon realizing how much closer everything was getting, which meant it wouldn't be long until your baby would finally come.

"That's my girl." She encouraged as you laid your head on her shoulder, trying to catch your breath.

"What would I ever do without you?" You mumbled against her shirt.

"Don't even think about that, because I'm not going anywhere. It's been seven and a half hours now and I'm still right here with you. I've got you. Every step of the way, baby girl. I'm here."

"This is it, Sana. This is really it."

"I know," she squealed excitedly. "Not much longer. It's all going to be worth it. So worth it. I promise you. And I'll be here through it all with you."

"Thank you." You said as you looked up at her, stealing a kiss from her lips as you put it on her shoulder and continued to take some deep breaths as you prepared for the pain to return.

But you knew Sana was right.

In just a while, it'll all be worth it.