{Jihyo} - she has morning sickness

The sound of Jihyo whimpering beside you as the mattress slowly dipped caused your eyes to open quickly.

You heard her feet pad across the floor before the bathroom light turned on and the door closed.

You knew right away what was happening and, right away, you were hurrying to get out of bed to go be by her side through it.

You opened the bathroom door, the light making you rub your tired eyes for a second before you heard the sound of Jihyo beginning to gag.

You rushed to her side and placed your hand on her back as you combed your fingers through her short black hair.

"It's okay, Jihyo. I'm here, my love. Right here." You comforted.

You know she must feel miserable.

Vomiting is never fun but she's been going through it a couple of times a day for the last few days.

You always feel so terrible when it happens because you know just how horrible it is and you wish that you could make it all better.

But, though you try, you can't cure her morning sickness. It has to take its course as your baby grows and that, according to the doctor, could be a few more weeks.

She groans as the taste on her tongue caused her to vomit once more and the sound made you squeeze your eyes shut as your heart ached from how miserable she's feeling right now.

"It's awful, baby, I know. But I'm right here with you. Let it all out."

She continued to throw up and as she did so, you looked out the bathroom window from your spot on the floor and noticed the sun was just now starting to rise.

That meant it was only a few minutes after six in the morning.

"Get it all out, baby." You said as you rubbed her back and patiently stayed by her side until she finished puking and her stomach settled slightly.

She flushed the toilet before closing the lid and then dropping her forehead onto it, so exhausted and out of breath from getting sick so much that she needed a minute.

Not to mention the fact that she wasn't sure how long she'd feel better. She can never tell. It seems that the tiny human inside of her is more in charge of those things than she is.

"Are you okay?" You softly spoke as you kissed her shoulder.

"I think so."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"Because it's early and I wanted you to get a little rest. You've been waiting on me hand and foot these last few days and you must be so tired."

"Of course I am. But despite that, you and the baby are still the only things that matter to me. I want to take care of you. I want to be by your side through every moment of this - the good and the bad."

"Okay." She said as she turned around slowly to face you.

"Do you feel any better at all?"

"For now. But you know that doesn't last long some mornings."

"Well, why don't we get back into bed and see what happens. I'll put the bucket by your side of the bed and if you feel sick again, let me know and you won't have to worry about getting out of bed this time."

She nodded her head wordlessly.

"Do you want some water?"

"Yes, please," she spoke quietly as she walked to the sink, brushing her teeth.

"Will you be okay while I go get it for you? Or do you want me to stay with you and help you to bed?"

"We'll be okay."

Her answer made you smile a little.

You looked down at her stomach.

There's still no sign of a bump there. Of course. Because she was still too early in the pregnancy for that right now. But there was a little human in there. One the size of only a blueberry. But still, they were in there. Safe and sound.

"I'll be okay." She said as she grabbed her toothbrush. "Thank you."

You kissed her neck a couple of times before you exited the bedroom and grabbed her some water.

When you returned to the bedroom, she was getting back into bed with the covers already pulled over her.

"Here's your water, my babies." You smiled and kissed her cheek.

You grabbed the bucket and put it close to her before you got into bed with her.

"I hate this. I feel like it's never going to go away."

"No, Jihyo, it will." You said as you brushed your fingers across her cheek. "It'll get easier as you get further along. As our baby grows. Everything you go through will be worth it when they enter the world, safe and sound all because of you."

"Yeah. I look forward to that day." She smiled.

"Me too." You said, also smiling at the thought. "I know you don't feel well right now and I know there's still a long way to go but never forget that I'm in this with you, every step of the way. I'll be here to help you, protect you, and make you feel better in every way that I can."

"Okay. You can start with cuddling me right now."

You opened your arms and she moved into them, placing her head on your shoulder.

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too, Jihyo; both of you."