{Dahyun} - I will hold onto you

Dahyun rubbed your back comfortingly as you continued to groan in agony. She bit her lip as her heart ached over seeing you in so much pain.

She knew this was bound to happen. Of course, you both knew it wouldn't be easy or fun when the day of the baby you've both been so excited to meet finally came around.

It meant that you'd be aching terribly for several terrible and agonizing hours.

She was excited about your baby finally joining the world and, of course, you were too.

You went through so much to get through this day.

But the pain is so intense it's hard to see the joy in these moments.

"You're going to make your lip bleed if you keep biting it like that." She teased, hoping she could get you to crack a smile as she tried to hide the fact that she's been doing the same.

She brushed her thumb below your lip and watched as you released it from your teeth.

"Just squeeze my hand." She spoke softly.

"I might break it." You groaned as she took your hand into hers, your eyes still closed and your head hanging down.

She chuckled and brushed her thumb along your knuckles.

"That's okay. I have another one for you to squeeze too." She joked and as the pain finally came to an end, she watched you smile.

It made a little sigh of relief fall from her lips. She knows it's not going to last and it's probably the only one she'll see until your baby joins the world, whenever they decided to.

But it was alright. She was happy just to see the pain stop so you had a moment to breathe a little and she was happy just to see that little smile.

"I feel like it's never going to end." You groaned. "How long has it been since we got here? It feels like time isn't even moving."

She looked at the clock again and then sighed.

"It's been about nine hours."

You whined.

"I know. I've been keeping an eye on the time but I haven't told you because I was afraid you might get discouraged."

"You were right." You said as you let out a heavy breath.

"Hey," she whispered as she cupped your cheek in her hand and then began to gently brush her thumb along your cheek. "You're so strong. You're leaving me in awe right now."

"Can I be honest?"

She nodded with a small smile.

"I don't feel so strong. I was so excited when it first started. But now, it's just so awful. The pain is so much more intense than people said it would be. It's hard to feel strong and feel excited when it's so scary to go through this. Especially since I know it's only going to get worse."

"I know." She whispered. "You are strong though. I look at you in these moments, just like I did through every step that we took to get here. The morning sickness, the mood swings, the sleepless nights, or even the days when you barely opened your eyes because you were so fatigued."

"I liked those days, actually. I enjoyed the extra sleep." You mumbled and Dahyun laughed as she caressed your cheek.

"You amaze me though. You always have but seeing everything you've gone through and the way you've handled it all just amazes me. Because I don't think I could handle it the way you did. Even now, I'd be screaming at the top of my lungs, scaring everyone in this hospital."

"I think I'll be doing that sooner or later."

She cracked a small smile and parted her lips to speak, only for you to groan and quietly tell her the pain was coming back again.

She pulled you close, letting you lay your head on her chest as she rubbed your back soothingly.

"Breathe, darling. I've got you."

It took a minute before it finally stopped. She could see the way you were practically curling your toes in pain and she could tell it was getting so much worse because your groans were getting louder and longer.

But when it stopped, you pulled away and she quickly stroked your cheek again.

"I'm sorry in advance if I break your hand."

She shook her head with a giggle.

"It's okay. I still won't leave your side." She said.

"Promise?"

"I promise." She said. "Even if you wanted me to, you're stuck with me." She joked and watched you crack a little smile. "Nothing in this world is going to take me from your side. I've been counting down these days. I'm so looking forward to them coming."

"Me too, even though I hate dealing with this. You should tell them to hurry up."

She smiled again and then kissed your cheek.

"They'll be here soon."

You nodded and dropped your forehead onto hers.

"I know you're in a lot of pain, but I'm right here with you every step of the way. Everything's going to be okay. I will hold onto you and I won't dare let you go. Not even for a second."

"I don't know what I'd ever do without you."

"I'm right here." She promised and pulled you close again as the pain returned.

You held her hand even tighter than before, squeezing it with everything you had, and you used your hand to clutch at her shirt.

She didn't care about anything in that moment but you.

You could tear her shirt apart, you could break her hand with your grip if you needed to squeeze it that hard to relieve your pain a little, and you could scream at the top of your lungs if you needed to.

None of that was going to phase her. None of it was going to make her leave your side for even a minute.

She was there and there to stay, for every minute of this not-so-fun journey to come.

She'll continue to remind you that you leave her in awe, especially when your baby decides it's time to join the world.

She won't leave your side and she won't stop telling you that she loves you and that she's proud of you.

Because you need to hear those things and you need her, and she was so happy to be right by your side every minute of it all.