{Momo} - hold my hand - part two

"That's it, baby," Momo encouraged as she rubbed your back, watching as you continued to fight through the pain.

She can tell that the little human you've been fighting to bring into the world for the last thirteen hours is very close to coming now.

It won't be long, according to your doctor, who told you and Momo that a little while ago, and she's certain that it's only going to be a few more minutes with how you're feeling.

"Just keep squeezing my hands, try to breathe."

Your groans were screams now. You couldn't hold them back, although you tried at first, only for Momo to comfort you and encourage you to let it slip from your lips if that's what you need to do.

"I can't do it anymore." You said, a shaky breath slipping from your lips as you tried to breathe again before the pain would hit again.

"I know. It's almost over." She whispered and brushed her thumb along your knuckles before kissing your arm. "C'mon, my tough cookie. Don't get discouraged. It's almost over now."

You nodded and squeezed your eyes shut with a gasp, only to open them and give her that look.

You didn't even have to say the words. She could see it in your wide eyes, knowing that it's changed again and that this time, it was time.

She felt so guilty for leaving your side, even though was gone for just a few seconds, just to grab the doctor.

And as soon as she was back, she kissed across your knuckles and your palm as well as across your face.

She encouraged you, squeezing your hand, telling you that she knew you could do it.

And you did...

Because just a little while later, your baby had finally arrived.

Momo was in awe as soon as they were on your chest. She grinned from ear to ear when you found out that you'd had a son.

"Hi, buddy," she sniffled as she rubbed his back.

His little cries had calmed down, now just soft sounds left his little mouth. She kissed his head and then kissed yours, swearing she'd never been more in love with you after she watched you bring him into the world.

"You're perfect." She whispered to him. "We're so happy that you're here! We've been waiting for you! You're even more perfect than I imagined you being."

You rubbed his back, looking between Momo and your little boy.

You watched as she took his tiny hand from your shoulder and took it into hers. Her heart almost beat out of her chest when she watched him wrap his fingers around hers, a small gasp falling from her lips as tears blurred her eyes.

"He's here, y/n. We have a son..." she whispered to you in awe, your eyes locking.

"He's so cute." You whispered, tears filling your eyes again.

"He is." She smiled and kissed your lips a few times. "Thank you for everything you did to get him here. I love him and I love you."

"We love you too." You smiled at her, pecking her lips once more before you pulled back and continued to coo over the little boy that you're already so in love with.