sweets (luisa x f!reader)

❥ for all of you wlw luisa stans <3
⚠️warnings: none

———————————————————-

"Good morning, Luisa! How's your day?" I asked Luisa Madrigal. She was the strongest woman in the village. She performed tasks for people every single day, never catching a break.
I greatly admire her, maybe a little too much according to the townspeople, but I can't help it.

Every day gets brighter when she visits my bakery. I fully understand how busy she is every day, so it is an amazing honor to have her take the time out of her day to see me.

I also make a little basket of goods for her as often as I can, even though she tells me I don't have to.

"Y/N, thank you so much for all you do to me. Honestly, I've been so busy lately. I just want to lay down." Luisa sighed, leaning against the counter.

"I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope it gets better for you soon. You're so strong, inside and out." I reassured. I truly meant the words that came out my mouth, and I wish Luisa knew it herself... that she isn't JUST physically strong.

"Thanks, that means a lot. But it's not like I can just run away from my chores."
I sighed. She's right. I've never seen her sit down to relax... ever. Maybe there's a way to change that...

-

"Good morning, Y/N! You know, that funniest thing happened. Nobody asked me to do anything today! Isn't that weird? I want to sit down for a bit, but I'm too scared someone will come up to me with a job." Luisa ranted.

"Oh, yeah... about that..."

-

"Are you serious? You're amazing, thank you so much! You're like an angel, Y/N!" Luisa exclaimed, effortlessly picking me up and spinning me around.

Let's just say I pulled a few strings, since most of the people in town see me as a sweet little baker girl. So of course they were willing to lay off of Luisa for a day, in exchange for free sweets tomorrow.

"O-oh, it's nothing!" I stammered, struggling to breath under her tight grip. But not gonna lie, it felt really nice.

"Seriously, what would I do without you? Say, how about we spend the day making some treats? I've always wanted to see you in action, and it would be great to learn from the best!" Luisa offered.

Declining her offer would be idiotic. So naturally, I agreed. I just had to make as little mistakes as possible around her for today. Not that I felt inferior to her strength, but because I want to feel as least almost equal to her...
"Y/N? You okay? You kinda spaced out a little back there..." Luisa trailed off, gently putting down the bags of flour and sugar she brought. I nodded, chuckling nervously.

I mean, what was I thinking? Why would Luisa ever like a some background, boring, baker girl in the village? She's an amazing, strong woman. She probably just hangs around me for my treats or something. Wait no, she would never...

"How could you think that?! You're amazing, Y/N! I'm always hanging around you because you're kind, you understand me, and you're very patient. The fact that you give me treats is just a bonus. Sometimes, a 'strong woman' needs some sweetness in her life, y'know?"

Did she read my mind, or did I say that out loud? Either way, I couldn't believe what she was saying. As much as I wanted to disagree with her statement, I couldn't argue with Luisa.

"I wish you could see yourself the way I see you." She whispered, leaning down to face me and cup my face with her firm hands.

"But-"

"No buts. I'm sorry I made you feel that way, but I genuinely think you're amazing. Never think of yourself as some 'background baker girl' since I think you're one of the main characters of my life."