secrets (isabela x m!reader)

❥ hello everyone. this oneshot took me SO. LONG. i have no idea why😭 it was a request tho so i tried working quickly but i feel so dead inside. sorry for my unhinged work schedule LOLOLOL
my sanity = gone.
⚠️warnings: none
ALSO i'm sorry for emotionally wrecking yall with the last chapter. i swear i won't do it again😭
———————————————————————

"Hey, Isabela. You look nice today." Mariano complimented, trying to grab the Madrigal girl's attention.
"Oh, why thank you. I'm very flattered." Isabela lied, faking a smile. He said that to her every single day, hoping to get closer to the girl and soon win her heart.

But unfortunately for him, Isabela's heart was already stolen by none other than his older brother.
But he didn't know that. In fact, nobody did.
Because the two were dating in secret.

-

"It's so lovely to have you two back here." Alma said, as Mariano and Y/N walked inside the house.
They both greeted the Madrigals, but there was a certain member of the family that was on both of their minds.

"Hello Y/N, and Mariano." Isabela greeted, flowers emphasizing her entrance. Both of the Guzman brothers looked at her in awe.
But only one could be with her. It was obvious which brother it was, however.

"I'll help set up the table." Y/N offered, as he and Isabela went off to prepare the dinner.

"Does anyone know?" Y/N whispered.
"Just Dolores. But I bribed her, she won't say a word." Isabela replied, and the couple laughed.
"Of course. I wonder how she keeps so many secrets bottled up." Y/N joked.

"Time for dinner!" Alma called out, as everyone sat down at the table to eat.

Throughout dinner, Mariano tried to get Isabela's attention time and time again to no avail. Isabela, of course, tried to let him down gently so he would take a hint. But of course, he didn't.
From next to her, Y/N kept on sending her messages by gestures and weird faces. It made her laugh, and she was basically occupied by him the whole time.

Usually, she has to fake her happiness and keep up a 'pretty princess' persona around others. But when Y/N is there with her, she feels validated. Almost as if she forgets that there are others in the room.

But of course, her family would probably prefer it if she married Mariano. But she hoped that they would be fine if she married Y/N instead, his older brother.

"Thank you for coming once again. We will be happy to prepare another dinner next time you visit." Alma said, as the Guzman brothers left the Madrigal house.

The walk home was tense and silent, as the two were aware of the other's feelings towards Isabela.
Y/N knew Mariano could easily fall in love with somebody else, but it was quite difficult to find someone that was right for him. They were both in love with the same girl, but they were still brothers.

However, Mariano thought Y/N was just hiding romantic feelings and letting him have Isabela. Believing that, Mariano looked up to his older brother and respected him for his maturity.

-

It was growing dark, and Isabela's family was going to sleep now. It was the perfect opportunity to go see Y/N again, just like every other night.
With help from Casita, she successfully snuck out and went through the passageway that Y/N made for her to use.
The passageway was just a shortcut to his house, and it was just an alley that was filled with boxes and things people don't like. Nobody ever went back there because it was so cluttered.

But Y/N cleared up some spots, so nobody would find it suspicious and Isabela could get to his house smoothly with no minor issues. Thank goodness nobody used it, and couldn't catch her.

At least that's what they thought.

"Isabela?!"
She stopped in her tracks, shocked that someone found her whereabouts.
"Mirabel, how did you find me?" Isabela whispered.

"I just thought it was weird how you snuck out every night! I just.. followed you here. Why are you sneaking out? Trying to meet someone, hm?" Mirabel asked, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

Isabela sighed. "Fine. I'm meeting up with Y/N every night. I'm not interested in Mariano... I'm actually dating Y/N." She admitted.

Mirabel's jaw dropped. She knew there was some major chemistry between the two, but had no idea they were dating.
"Why are you hiding your relationship?"

"Because.. everyone expects me to marry Mariano. Who am I to not live up to expectations? I'm just the pretty little doll of the family. Plus, Mariano just wants to be with somebody. Y/N wants to be with me, and only me. That's why I love him, and I have to see him every night. Don't mention this to anybody, got it?" Isabela explained.

"Uh... I guess. Your secret is safe with me. Oh, and I think I can help with Mariano." Mirabel smirked.
Isabela's eyebrow raised. "What is it?"
"Let's just say there's someone who clearly likes him, but he just needs a little help noticing her..."

-

"Dolores? With Mariano? Is she alright in the head?" Y/N joked, as Isabela explained the plan to him.
"Right? But I guess I can't judge her attraction. I mean, I fell for you." Isabela joked.
"I am so hurt!" Y/N gasped, dramatically falling down and laying next to her.
"Whatever. But hey, maybe we can finally tell everyone about us if Dolores starts dating Mariano." Isabela cheered, as the two stared up at the stars in the sky.

"You see that big, bright star right there? That's you." Y/N complimented.
"Aw, you're so sweet. You know the ugly star next to it? That's you." Isabela replied, jokingly.