late night cravings (mirabel x gn!reader)

hello everyone, it's been a while. this was supposed to come out earlier, but i kept forgetting to publish it haha. and i don't think i've written anything for poor mirabel, so enjoy!
⚠️warnings: none
——————————————————
"Mirabel, it's getting late. we should go to bed." Y/N said, lightly tapping Mirabel on the shoulder.

"But Y/N! I've spent like 30 dollars on this game, I'm not just gonna quit now!" Mirabel whined, referring to the video game she's spent hours playing.

"I get that, but can't you just pause it and continue tomorrow?" Y/N asked.
"Fine."

Mirabel climbed into bed next to Y/N, disappointed from not being able to play.

After a few minutes, Y/N fell asleep. Mirabel, however, could not. Even just closing her eyes felt like torture, and she could barely lay still.
But there was one thing that kept her awake. One thing she was craving.

"Hey, Y/N, let's go to McDonalds!"
"Mirabel-"
"Please? Just real quick, we'll buy a meal and leave! I promise!" Mirabel begged.

Y/N sighed. "Fine."

In response, Mirabel jumped up faster than a new Attack on Titan character dying, and was already out the door before Y/N could catch up.

"Vamonos!" She exclaimed.
Y/N sighed once again, knowing their little trip wouldn't be 'real quick' at all.

"Hmm, what should I get? The burger? Or the chicken nuggets? Or the salad? Ooh, maybe we could try..."
Mirabel went on and on, naming the different foods she could enjoy.

Mirabel, I love you, but please calm down. Y/N thought, barely being able to focus on driving.
The more Mirabel ate, the more energy she had. And with lots of energy, you know what you get?
Someone who won't sleep.

"Hey, what do you recommend? Is there anything that tames the ol' tastebuds? Anything that gets you all fired up, ready to punch an old white guy? Or maybe able to withstand the mental abuse your generational-traumatized family gives you?"

"Ma'am, this is a McDonalds."

-

After treating some random underpaid McDonald's worker as a therapist, Mirabel finally decided on getting the chicken nuggets and some soda.

"Well, how is it?" Y/N asked, silently praying that they'll be able to go to sleep soon.
But no answer was heard from the McDonalds addict.
"Um, Mirabel?"

Mirabel was asleep, with a half-eaten chicken nugget in hand, and snoring louder than Peppa Pig.

"So... does that mean I can have your chicken nuggets?"