misunderstanding (camilo x f!reader)

❥ hello again readers :D this one was actually a request and it's not a part of the 'what is love' series
❥ also PLEASE keep commenting, you guys are literally so hilarious and it makes my day :)
⚠️warnings: a lot of profanity ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
—————————————————————

Lately, Camilo has been hanging around some girl. She's been all over him, flirting with him, and completely ignoring my existence. I'm dating him, for crying out loud!
If the person you're flirting with is taken, you back off and find someone else. It's that easy, but I guess some people struggle with that.

The worst part is: I can't tell Camilo to reject her because her father is friends with the Madrigals!
Her dad's a pretty nice guy, but his daughter... yeah, not so much. I forgot her name, even. I'll just call her No-Named-Bitch. NNB. Perfect.

-

"Camiloooo~ can you please hand me my coat?" NNB asked in an annoying ass voice. I rolled my eyes in disgust, as she batted her eyelashes at him.
Camilo threw her jacket at her face.
Laughing it off, she giggled, "Literally stop!"
Someone please murder this girl.

"Camilo, why don't you walk her home? It's very dark outside." Alma said, as she was cleaning up the dinner table after we all ate.

Camilo nodded and left me fuming alone with Isabela and Alma.
"You're not gonna do anything about it?" Isa asked, helping her grandmother clean up.
"I wish I could. But she'll find some annoying ass lie to tell about me, and everyone will believe her because she is the perfect little daddy's girl." I ranted, as Isa scoffed.

"Perfect? Yeah, she's far from that. I never understood what 'perfect' really was, but it is DEFINITELY not her." Isabela replied, as we both talked shit about her for another ten minutes.

But it had been a while. What was taking those two so long? Her house wasn't very far.

"I think you should go and check up on them. It's been way too long. Camilo is my cousin and he treats you well, but he's been alone with her for a while."
I tried to dismiss the thought, but Isabela might be right. I don't want it to be true, however.

But something in my gut was telling me to go. A bad feeling rose up my body, as my legs started moving without even thinking.

That same feeling grew more and more as I got closer to No-Named-Bitch's house.
But it was probably just her ugly ass aura.

I slowly opened the door.
"Camil-"

Then I saw a horrifying sight. A sight that I will never be able to erase from my mind.

Camilo and NNB were together. But there was no gap between their lips.

-

Then Camilo pulled away and saw me in the doorway.
"Y/N, it's not what you-"
But I already ran away, as Camilo ran after me and called out my name over and over.

"Look, if you didn't like me, you could have just broken up with me! I don't get why you stayed if you wanted that other girl instead!" I yelled, as he stopped in his tracks.

"No! I swear, that's not-"
"Save it, Madrigal. I'm sick of you being so kind to girls like that. I just want you to learn how to say 'no' to someone that you don't like. Which is something you COULD have done with me, but I guess cheating was the better option. We're over." I sobbed, as my heart broke in betrayal and I ran away.
But this time, I didn't stop when he called out my name.

I really thought he was the one. I thought he loved me, and I thought I was the 'love of his life' as he told me. But I guess not.

-

"Y/N? Are you there?" A familiar, yet soothing voice called out. I was crying in a ditch somewhere, since I ran without even thinking.
The fight between me and Camilo happened an entire day ago, since I couldn't sleep and I was simply running around the town for the entire day, avoiding him.
"What do you want, Dolores?"

"I'm really sorry about the breakup. I get that you're very hurt, and I'm sorry about that stupid girl who ruined your relationship." Dolores cooed, patting my back as I continued crying.

"Yeah. You heard from Camilo or something? That bastard probably moved on quicker than an ocean wave. He probably forgot about me or something, and he's hanging out with that other girl." I muttered. Dolores sighed in response.

"Listen, I need to tell you that Camilo didn't move on. In fact, I think he's struggling more than you right now. He was looking for you all night, and then he went to his room and never came out. He isn't listening to us, but I could hear him crying and muttering to himself about you. It was a big misunderstanding, and he never cheated on you. Please believe me, Y/N." Dolores begged.

Crying? Misunderstanding? God, I hope that was true. Maybe I should've listened to him last night.

Moving without thinking once again, I ran to the Madrigals' casita to find him.
I ignored anything in my way, only focused on him.

It was dark, but I managed to finally get there.
I ran to his room and knocked on it quickly.
"Go away." Camilo cried out. I took a deep breath and said, "Camilo? It's me, Y/N."

The door swung open in a flash, as I could finally see the state he was in.

Camilo looked wrecked, as if his entire family was taken from him. His hair was messy, his eyes were red and puffy, just a complete disaster.
"Y/N!" He exclaimed, quickly latching onto me.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. It was all a big misunderstanding. You see, (NNB) invited me inside and threatened to make up a lie if I didn't. But when I did, she leaned in and kissed me without asking! I swear I don't like her at all. Please believe me, Y/N. You're the only one I want. If I had to choose between saving you or the rest of the world, you would come first. You're the love of my life, and I never want to lose you ever again. Do you forgive me?" Camilo sobbed.

I could easily tell through any of his lies, and this was not one of them. He was telling the truth.
"Yes... I forgive you!" I grinned, as I wiped his tears before finally kissing him.

"Will you be my girlfriend again?" Camilo asked innocently, obviously knowing the answer.
"No."
He looked up at me in shock.
"Just kidding." I giggled, holding him to my chest as he laughed.

-

"So, what are we going to do with (NNB)?"
"Already dealt with her." Alma said from behind us. Isabela and Dolores stood by her, as they all smiled at the two of us.

Did they murder her? I hope they did.
They probably didn't, but I could still dream.

But that didn't matter, because I knew that my relationship with Camilo would be stronger from that day forward.