talk (dolores x gn!reader)

❥ i'm so sorry my stories r short as hell😭
⚠️warnings: just arguing
—————————————————————

Lately, Dolores and I haven't exactly seen eye to eye. We have been arguing over the littlest things for no reason whatsoever. I love her, and she loves me too, but for some reason we just aren't clicking at the moment.

I get that all couples have small periods like this every now and then, but I still wish there was some way I could just speak up about my true feelings, and tell her the three-word sentence that terrifies me.

-

"Y/N, did you move the couch again?" Dolores sighed, not being able to plop down on her favorite couch by the wall.
"Yes, I know what you're going to say-"
"Y/N, you know how much I loved that spot."

"Right, right. Sorry, I'll move it back." I sighed, feeling too tired to argue.

Dolores opened her mouth as if she wanted to say something, before closing it and walking away with a hurt expression.

-

"N/N, look! I'm the queen of the world!" Three-year old Dolores exclaimed, standing on top of a stack of boxes with a pose.
"Yeah! Can I be your royal partner?" Y/N asked, bowing to the little girl.
"Of course! You will be a liege alongside me forever! You can't escape from me, no matter what happens!" Dolores giggled, engulfing her friend into a hug.
"Forever?" Y/N questioned, not breaking the hug.
"Yeah, you heard me!"

-

I sat down and sighed, remembering all those times we said we would stick together no matter what. We did, and we held onto each other for almost twenty years. But now? Why now? Why can't we get along anymore? Nothing really happened between us, but over time, I guess a couple of small issues built up.

Neither of us apologized for anything, or even addressed anything. We simply swept it under the rug, mutually afraid of the outcome if we were to acknowledge any of our quarrels.

"I just wish I could apologize for everything. Tell her that I still love her and I always will."

"I know you do." Dolores whispered, putting her hand on my shoulder. I wasn't facing her, but I could tell she had a somber look on her face. She probably heard me loud and clear, with her gift and all.

"What happened between us?" I asked, finally facing my childhood lover.
"I think we simply had a couple of arguments without talking about them. I think we just need to communicate more..." Dolores trailed off.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to grow away from you or hurt you. I love you so much, and I'm sorry I never said it sooner." I apologized, as I closed the useless gap between us.

"Mi vida, I love you too. It's not your fault, I should've said something. You never hurt me, I just missed you so much. I spent every day wondering where I went wrong, or what happened. But I guess we were both being a bit paranoid." She smiled, which I vowed to remember later.

"I guess it was nobody's fault. From now on, we'll just talk. Okay?"
"Good. I always knew you loved me, but sometimes I need to hear it come out of your mouth." Dolores chuckled, poking my cheek playfully.