night terrors (bruno x gn!reader)

❥ here's a oneshot with a gender neutral reader !! personally i'm nb so it's hard to find many stories with no specific/neutral gendered readers. that's why this book has a variety of different identities kinda sprinkled in. lol sorry for rambling, enjoy!
(also ik this one is short, most of these oneshots will be VERY short haha)
⚠️warnings: nightmares
—————————————————————

I woke up to the sound of Bruno shivering and muttering. I rubbed my eyelids and looked out the window to see the bright crescent moon. It was still nighttime, so what was going on?

I glanced over to Bruno, still shivering next to me in bed, dry tear stains on his cheeks. Was he having a nightmare?
"Bruno... wake up, mi amor." I whispered, gently shaking him awake.

He gasped, sitting up straight.
"Y/N?!"

He quickly wrapped his arms around my waist, clutching tightly as if his life depended on it.

"Bruno... baby, what happened?"
"I- you- you and the others... you kicked me out. You refused to even look at me! And I didn't do anything, I swear- please don't kick me out. I love you guys, and I wish I never hurt you with my stupid, stupid visions." Bruno rambled, tears escaping from his eyes.

"That will never happen. I'm sorry you had that nightmare, but your family loves you. I love you. You belong here, and you never hurt any of us." I whispered, kissing his forehead and holding his head to my chest.

"Thank you, Y/N. What would I do without you?" Bruno softly chuckled, his grip around my waist loosening.

I could feel his breathing become slower, as he fell back to sleep. I usually hated being awoken suddenly, but I can make an exception to Bruno and his night terrors. I'm always making sure to look out for him, after what happened throughout his life.

Meeting him was honestly a blessing, and I'm glad I can help him when he has moments like this. And vise versa. My life hasn't been the greatest either, but like I said. He made my life so much better.

We help each other, despite us both being broken. But hey, two broken pieces make a whole, right?