11 | ιғ тнιs ωαs α мovιє

a/n: this chapter is a bit weirdly written, so I want to make sure you guys are able to follow along. Everything not written in italics in the first part of this chapter is being spoken. Everything written in italics is a flashback that Liam is recalling. It is not being spoken. Certain phrases are written in bold to separate it from the words in italics - those are being spoken as well.

Gif of Scotty to the side -->

Oh, and also, this contains some mature content :)

___________________

I've been waiting for you

Ever since you've been gone

Chapter 11 ~ If This Was A Movie

     Liam Slater

I met Scotty in the first grade.

He had just moved into town and he was a bit angsty because it was his first day of school and everyone was already familiar with each other.

"Why are you sitting in my chair?" I questioned him with accusing eyes.

He glanced up at me, his bright blue eyes twinkling with fear. "Oh, I-I'm sorry. I didn't know. I'm n-new, here."

"New?" I asked again. Come to think of it, I had never seen him before. "Where did you come from?"

"Michigan," he said with a forced smile. "My mom says it's too cold there, but I really like the cold."

"Oh." I didn't say anything because I had no idea where Michigan was. "Well you can sit in my seat if you want. I'm Liam."

He gave me a relieved sigh. "Scotty," he introduced.

I realized that Scotty and I were best friends in the fourth grade.

I had a crush on Sally Parker and one of my friends at the time, Jake, had a crush on her too. We promised we wouldn't try to make a move on her in order to save our friendship.

The bastard went behind my back and made a move on her anyway. When I told Scotty, he went livid.

The next day, Jake came to school with a black eye.

"You're the one who punched Jake in the face, weren't you?" I asked him one day when we were playing video games in his room.

Scotty scoffed. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Come on," I urged, nudging him in the shoulder. "You're the only one I told."

"Okay, I did," he admitted. "He was a jerk. He didn't have to do that to you."

I smiled at him. "Thank you."

He returned the smile. "Anytime."

Scotty told me he was gay in the ninth grade.

It was after the championship soccer game, which he won. The team captain was hosting a party to celebrate the win, but for some reason, Scotty didn't want to go.

Instead, he insisted we stay at his house and watch action movies that we've already seen ten thousand times.

I plopped down onto the bean bag nearest the tv. "You were great out there, man. The team wasn't even half as good before you were on it."