16 | уoυ αrє ιn ℓoνє

And for once you let go

Of your fears and your ghosts

Chapter 16 ~ You Are In Love

Max Caldwell

There was nothing quite fulfilling as the feeling of love.

I thought I had been in love before - plenty of times, actually. Now that I was wrapped up in Liam's arms and nuzzling my head into his warm chest, I knew I couldn't have been anymore wrong. Those other boys couldn't even compare to how special Liam was. With his toned arms snaked around me in a tight embrace, his dark lashes fluttering as his eyes moved behind his lids, and the soft snores falling from his mouth, he couldn't be more perfect.

He stirred in his sleep, eyes slowly flickering open. Letting out a loud groan, he ran his hand through his hair and looked down at me. "How long was I out for?"

"Not long," I lied, pretending as though we haven't been glued together on my bed for hours.

His shoulders slouched forward as he tried to think. "How did I fall asleep?"

"I was talking about how cows were weird animals and you just started snoring."

His eyes shot open at that instant, clearing away any remnant of sleep. "Max, I'm sorry," he apologized quickly. "I didn't mean to."

I smiled back at him. "It's okay."

Liam didn't respond right away. Instead, his eyes flicked to my bedroom window and he dragged a lazy hand down his face, sighing heavily. Immediately, I thought he was starting to get into his mood again, but he proved me wrong by tightening his arms around my body. "Okay, continue, what about cows are weird?"

He turned onto his side to look at me. His eyes clouded over as the sleepiness seeped through his body, but he quickly wiped it away with the back of his hand in an attempt to stay awake.

My insides were starting to ache at how beautiful he was. "Never mind," I said softly as I reached over and brushed a wisp of stray hair away from his face.

Liam's eyes fluttered shut and he released a soft groan.

Letting my feelings take control over my brain, I quickly pressed my lips against his in a chaste kiss, but pulled away just as quickly when the bruise on my bottom lip began to sting. "Ow."

His sea green eyes were on me again, staring intently. "I'm going to kill her," he managed to say through soft groans.

The memories of the past stirred heavily inside me when the image of Liam crushing Matt's nose came to mind. As much as I wanted all this torture to stop, I didn't want Liam to get involved. If there was anything I knew about his previous encounter with Matt, it was that he was capable of violence and I didn't want to solve my problems with violence.

"Liam, please don't-"

"Don't what? She hurt you."

"Well, technically she didn't hurt me. It was Matt."

"Then I'll kill him too and I'll make sure his nose actually falls off this time." There was no mercy in his words. Just the thought of Liam seriously hurting someone made me sick to my stomach. My concern must have shown because he looked at me, eyes slightly wide and surprised. "What?"

"No killing anyone," I stated in a tone that showed I wasn't messing around. "We're just going to hope that it doesn't happen again."

Liam's thick brows furrowed. "Hope it doesn't happen again? Max, she's fucking batshit crazy! If I don't do something, she'll continue to hurt you and I'm not going to let that happen."