Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen: It'll probably always hurt

I sat on the couch at Emily's house. Paul was on patrol and I was bored out of my mind. I mean since Bella and Edward left everything seemed great. And I was completely okay with that.

But the issue is the fact Paul still had patrol and I often stayed at the reservation not really wanting to hear about the updates on their honeymoon.

But then again who would. Why would I or anyone else want to know if the newly weds have boned yet.

Kim was at the store with Emily and most of the wolves were home or on patrol. So I was left alone.

The door opened and Leah walked in. She went to grab her bag when she noticed me. She looked like she was thinking about something before she came over and sat down.

"How do you do it?" I was very confused with her question.

"Do what?" I asked. She rolled her eyes.

"How do you breathe when you see Bella and Edward together? How did you go to their wedding?" Paul had warned me of what had happened. Sam also told me his and Emily's side.

"I see," I sat up completely on the couch. "I won't get over it. I don't forgive them. I went to their wedding for my family. And yeah it gets better but people expect better to come too fast. It took me 16 months to even come back to Forks, and that was when my family's lives were on the line."

"The truth is Leah, it hurts. It will probably always hurt. And yes it will get better. And yes you will find someone and the pain dules. Yes, you can get to a point you won't care. But it will always hurt. Someway or another it will be in the back of your mind. You'll think if someone else would do it. You'll worry about it. Until someone shows you, you don't have to." I stated.

Leah looked down at her hands. "Leah, don't let anyone tell you, your feelings aren't valid. And don't let anyone tell you, you can't feel the way you do. It will only make you hurt more if you listen."

A tear fell from Leah's eye. She wiped it away quickly. "Thank you."

"It's no problem." I waved it off. "I know it hurts. I'm here if you need to talk." Leah nodded. I turned on a movie. "Now let's watch this trashy movie and complain about the annoying characters."

3rd POV

An hour later everyone came back. The boys had run into Emily and Kim on the way in. They came inside to Leah and Artemis throwing popcorn at the TV.

"Come on man." Leah called.

"You suck John!" Artemis yelled.

"Get a life!" Leah yelled. Paul furrowed his eyebrows and walked over to the two.

"What are you guys doing?" He asked. Artemis looked up at him and her angry expression caused by the TV disappeared.

"Watching a movie." Artemis then pulled Paul down next to her. She wrapped his arm around her shoulder and curled into his side. "And now you are too." Paul accepted his fate and started to watch the movie.

Leah enjoyed the vampire's company. Artemis understood how it felt to be betrayed by someone you never felt possible.

Artemis didn't sugarcoat the pain. She let herself express it. She told Leah to let it out. And even though Artemis had Paul she did just let go of all the hurt and pain that she had gone through. Because yes she was happy, and yes she had moved on, but that kind of pain, of betrayal doesn't just falter and leave because she found someone else.

Artemis enjoyed Leah's company also. She knew how it hurt. She knew the pain like anyone else in her life couldn't.

Paul smiled down at his imprint. He loved her and she loved him. It was all he could have ever wanted.

Artemis's POV

I walked up the stairs of my home. I opened the door. I walked to my room. I felt dizzy and grabbed the wall for support. That was weird.

I'm sure everything's fine. I laid down on my bed. I heard footsteps and Esme opened my door. She had some food in her hands.

"I thought you might be hungry." She handed me a plate of chicken alfredo.

"You wanna know about my day?" I asked. She nodded.

"I hung out with Paul until his patrol started. And then he had to leave and I was bored for about 2 hours and then Leah came and we watched a movie. I think me and her are going to be great friends." Esme smiled at me.

"I'm sure you will." She kissed my head before she left the room.