Chapter Seven

I peeked from outside the room, waiting for the right time to enter

Hyunjin, who is clueless of my presence, was calmly humming to a sweet melody. I'm afraid to enter since I don't want to disturb him.

After a while of procrastination, I entered the music room quietly. The door made a creak sound, affecting Hyunjin's head to turn to look at the door almost immediately.

"Oh, Y/N. Why aren't you at the set?" he asked, moving away slightly from the piano.

"I don't have any scenes to be filmed at the moment" I told him as I walked towards the chair across from him.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" I asked him nervously. His lips form a smile as he shakes his head.

"Not at all, go on" he said. I nod, sitting on a chair.

"What were you doing just now?" I asked him, glancing at the paper in front of the piano. He looked at the sheet as well.

"I'm writing a song" he rubs the nape of his neck.

"Another song? Wah" I look at him in surprise. He nodded softly.

"Do you mind listening to it? I'm quite unsure about the lyrics placement" he asked in a nervous tone. I smiled, nodding my head.

He quickly turned to face the piano once again and calmly placed his hand on the piano keys. Not long after, he played the piano, waiting for his cue to sing the song.

"You are so beautiful, you drive me crazy" he started smoothly. I melt at his angelic voice. The song's also giving a sexy concept that lowkey made me fall harder for him.

"I wanna get to you, I wanna be with you" he continued. The lyrics repeated but I couldn't help but stare at him in awe.

The sudden realisation that he will never mean the song to me ached my heart. I look down sorrowfully. The music stopped not long after.

"You looked unhappy, is it bad?" Hyunjin's voice broke the silence with a disappointed tone. I quickly look up and shake my head no.

"No no, it's amazing. I really love it" I quickly place a smile on my lips. He looks at me for a moment before his lips form a smile as well.

"You think so?" he asked, happy. I nod my head.

"Have you ever thought of releasing the songs? I think you could be a great singer" I suggested. He looked at me with a small smile.

"I do think about that, but I love my life now as an actor. If I decided to be a singer, I'm afraid that I need to leave this world behind" he told me with a hint of sadness in his tone.

"I understand. You don't have to be someone who you don't want to" I told him as he nodded softly.

"I'm thinking that composing songs should be my hobby instead of my real career" he said. I nod.