Chapter Fourteen

"Hyunjin" I called him nervously

"Hyunjin" I called him nervously. He paused his track, turning to look at me. He hummed, looking at me with a small frown.

"I have something to tell you" I started as I fiddled with my fingers, nervously looking around.

"Oh? Tell me then, don't be nervous" he let out a small chuckle. I took a glance at him. He looked lost for a moment before I saw a hint of guilt and worry in his eyes.

"It has been two years since we've known each other and in the two years, you have given me comfort and support. I got better in my acting skills all thanks to your advice and encouragement" I told him. He was quiet, not letting out a single word.

"Somehow, all your good deeds have made me attached to you. The smile you gave me has never failed to make my heart flutter. The look in your eyes gave me the strength to move further" I continued.

"And I'm really happy that you're giving me chances to know you better these past few days. I appreciate it and I love every moment. But I realised that the longer I'm with you, the feelings I have for you got stronger" I continued. I took a deep breath before finally saying the words I've been meaning to tell him.

"I like you, Hyunjin" I closed my eyes tight, afraid to look him in the eye. It was all silence as I start to lose hope.

I guess it's true. He doesn't like me the way I like him.

As I was about to crack my eyes open, his next action caught me by surprise. My breath hitched as soon as I felt a pair of soft lips around mine, giving me sparks. I was paralyzed. My heartbeat quickens as I could feel butterflies in my stomach. It felt so heavenly.

As I was about to reply to his kiss, he pulled away from me swiftly. I crack my eyes open, searching for his, wanting to know the real reason why he kissed me.

I felt so happy that I couldn't hide the smile on my lips. Was it a reply that means he actually likes me too?

However, his eyes weren't looking at mine. He seems distracted by something behind me. I frowned, wanting to turn to look behind me when he held in my gaze. I watch how his eyes widen slightly as realisation floods through his eyes.

Guilt. His eyes were telling me that he felt guilty. For me?

"Hyunjin?" I called him, my heart felt so heavy when I called his name.

"I shouldn't do that. I'm so sorry, Y/N" he spit out the words easily. Without turning back, he walked away from me.

I watched him leaving me dumbfoundedly.

What does he mean by he shouldn't kiss me? Did I do something wrong?

Confusion. My head is full with thoughts of him.

I remembered that he was distracted by something behind me so I took the risk and turned around. As soon as I did, I was welcomed b a burning glare. From Hyera.

That was when it hit me.

She was the reason Hyunjin kissed me. That was why he looked at her as soon as he broke the kiss, to make sure she's watching him kissing another girl and make her jealous of him.

I ran. Ran so far away until I couldn't see anyone around me anymore. I broke down, feeling my heart break into pieces as tears fell down my cheeks. Every breath I took gave me a sharp pain in my chest as I clenched onto my chest, hoping that the pain would go away.

I was used by him. He probably got close to me for the same reason, to make Hyera jealous.

Game well played, Hwang Hyunjin.

•••

I got inside the house with a heavy heart. The tears have stopped yet the pain hasn't gone away.

I walked towards my room quietly, ready to lay down on my bed. I hugged my knees tight, feeling the tears slowly falling once again. I touched my lips, my hand was shaking.

I thought I had hope.

"Y/N?" Jeongin called as I heard the room of my door creak open. I quickly hid my face in my pillow, not wanting him to see my tears.

"Are you okay?" his voice was soft as a hint of worry was visible in his tone. I closed my eyes tight, getting weak by a simple question.

I raised from the laying position and immediately engulf him in a hug. I don't even hide my tears at this point.

"Hey, what happened?" he freaked out before slowly replying to my hug.

"He kissed me" I told him in between my sobs. It was a small pause when Jeongin let out a small chuckle.

"Isn't that a good thing? Why are you crying?" he asked, pulling me away from the hug so he could see me.

"He kissed me because Hyera was there. He wanted to make her jealous" I told him. His body got stiffed as he looked at me with a frown.

"What do you mean?" he tried to calm down.

"After I confessed my feelings to him, he immediately kiss me. That time, I thought that he actually likes me too but once he broke the kiss, he wasn't looking at me. He was looking at someone with a proud smile on his lips. It was Hyera. When he realised that I was waiting for his answer, his eyes were filled with guilt" I told him before pausing to take a deep breath.

"He apologized for kissing me and said that he shouldn't do that and walk away from me. Leaving me alone there" I told him, letting my tears fall.

I watched as he clenched his fist.

'"I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I'm sorry, I should have stopped you. That douchebag doesn't deserve your love" he said calmly before engulfing me in a hug which made me cry a lot harder.

I was expecting him to laugh at me or yell at me for doing a stupid desicion, but he didn't.

"Let it all out today and never waste your tears for him again" he reminded me. I nodded my head, closing my eyes as I tried to forget the pain.

"You may be with him in the drama but you'll never be with him in real life. In the end, he will be with me, just like how the drama ended" Hyera's voice echoed in my head.

She was right. In the end, I am the fake protagonist.

{End of Chapter 14}
Can someone kick my ass(not in a sexual way, please) so I could start working on the last few chapters? Like for real, the book is moving yet I haven't finished writing the ending of this book😭😭 Anyway, thanks for reading! Have a nice day~