Chapter Twenty Nine

I waited patiently as Jeongin opened the unfamiliar door, revealling a huge living room

I waited patiently as Jeongin opened the unfamiliar door, revealling a huge living room. We both step further inside the house and examined it carefully.

Everything seems fine to me.

"It looked great" Jeongin commented as I hummed.

"Ou! I'm gonna go pick a room!" Jeongin shouted excitedly as he ran out of the living room. I shook my head as his childish behaviour before slumping on the sofa.

I sighed quietly, taking out my phone. The moment I turned it on, the locksreen has greeted me bitterly. It's a picture of Hyunjin and I on one of our dates. He was kissing my cheeks as I smiled brightly.

A rush of guilt immediately engulf me as I quickly turn off my phone and placed it away. The memory of my conversation with Mr Kim yesterday has came back to me.

It wasn't even two hours after the meeting when he called me back to his office.

"You called for me?" I asked him quietly as he looked up from the file in his hand. He hummed, signalling me to sit on the chair in front of his table. I did as I was told.

"I have a request for you, Y/N" he broke the awkward silence. I looked at him in confusion.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"I need you to move away from here for awhile" he started but I quickly stop him from continuing.

"Wait, what?" I asked him but he ignored me completely.

"I've already made a reservation at a decent place for your stay and all we need now is for you to move in there" he said calmly. The confusion in me grew bigger as seconds passes by.

"Hold on. You want me to move away from here?" I questioned, making sure that he's answering me this time.

"For two months, yes" he replied without hesitating. I accidently let out a scoff.

"Why? If this is because of the issue, I don't think it's necessary for me to move away. It's not like Hyunjin and I are living under the same roof" I told him in disbelief. Disbelief that he wanted to make me move away just because I'm dating someone I shouldn't.

"Both of you need to stay away from each other for that person to believe that you've broken up. I'm helping both of you here" he replied to me.

So he will actually tell the person Hyunjin and I broke up?

"We can just stay away from each other instead. There's no need for me to move away. I'm good with where I'm living right now" I defended myself, not wanting to lose.