Chapter Nineteen

• Hyunjin's Point of View •

"Spring is coming. Winter is gone but why I'm still frozen? When the spring comes, smile with me, the flowers" I sang quietly as I played the melody on the piano.

My mind replayed the beautiful smile of Y/N's. I sighed, raising my hand off the piano keys.

I can't believe what Han said was true. I never realised it but when I repeately saw her going out with Felix, I can feel a piercing pain on my chest.

That's when I realised that I like her.

But I'm too late. She's already dating Felix. They made it official to the crew yesterday. It pained me so much to see the bright smile on her lips as she hugged Felix's arm.

It was supposed to be me who should stand beside her. But I guess Karma hit me hard.

I sighed to myself once again before walking out of the music room. I suddenly feel hungry so I head towards the cafeteria.

My heart dropped as soon as I see the couple eating with smile on their faces. My gaze focused on Y/N. Her smile radiates a warm aura around her. I regret for not realising it earlier.

She's so beautiful when she smiles.

As I stared at her, she locked her eyes with mine. My eyes widen as I quickly look away, feeling my heartbeat increase.

Damn, Y/N. Just a simple glance and you already got me nervous?

I shrugged it off, quickly walking towards the main building. I'm not hungry anymore.

"Hyunjin!" her soft voice called for me, pausing my tracks. The way she called my name felt so different now when I realised my feelings for her. I turn to look at her slowly, forcing out a small smile.

"Hey, what are you doing here? I thought you were eating with Felix earlier" I asked her when I realised that she ran after me.

"Um yeah, I told him that I'm going to the washroom" she let out a small chuckle. My heart fluttered as I look at her in awe.

My mind immediately processed her words so I quickly step aside to give her way. Instead of walking past me, she laughed heartily.

"I actually want to talk to you" she said, her smile stayed on her lips. I look at her with a small frown before nodding my head.

We both walked towards the school's park, finding a quiet place to talk. I noticed that she is nervous since she has been fiddling with her fingers ever since we sat on the bench.

"I'm sorry" she started. I quickly look at her but she isn't looking at me. I waited for her to continue.

"I'm sorry for making things between us so awkward" she finally raise her head to lock her sparkling eyes with mine. My heart soften as I look at her.