Chapter Thirteen

"Confess your feelings to him

"Confess your feelings to him. If he accepts you, I'll back off. If he don't, you need to back off" Hyera's words echoed in my ear, followed by my own voice, "It's a deal then".

I groaned, cupping my face with both of my hands.

"Why did I even agree to that?" I groaned.

"Agree to what?" a voice stopped me. I quickly turn to look at him, whining.

"Jeongin! I just set myself up in hell" I shriek, walking to hug him but he quickly moves away.

"You're dying?" he asked, half-shock. I look at him in disbelief for a split second before walking back to lay on my bed.

"I made a bet with Hyera" I told him as he slowly sat on my bed.

"What kind of bet?" he asked in anticipation.

"She told me that if I confessed to Hyunjin and he accepted me, she would back away from Hyunjin" I started. He looked at me in surprise.

"But if he rejects me, I need to stay away from him" I continued. The surprise on his face immediately went away as he chuckled sarcastically.

"Of course she would say that" Jeongin mumbled to himself before shrugging.

"But wait, why did you even agree to that?" he looked at me with a big frown.

"You will lose your only chance if he rejects you" he added quickly. I sighed.

"I don't know! It's just.." I trailed off, not wanting to say what I had in my mind.

"You feel like he would accept you?" Jeongin finished my words. I look at him in shock before sighing.

"Stop reading my mind, you witch" I told him jokingly, grabbing a pillow as I got up to sit on the bed and place the pillow on my belly for comfort.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked, ignoring my comment earlier. I look at him for a moment before averting my gaze away.

"I want to be with him" I said quietly, looking down as I fiddled with my fingers.

"I've been liking him for years, I think it's the time for me to finally tell him that I like him" I said, raising my head to look at him. He sighed.

"It's not that I'm not supporting you. I do support you, sis" Jeongin started. I look away, already knowing where this is going.

"But this world is cruel. I wanted you to be in love, but I'm afraid that people would hate you for being with Hyunjin" he continued.

"Especially when you're filming a drama with him, and his ex. I'm afraid people would think of you as a bad person, stealing someone else's boyfriend" he said.

"But Hyera cheated—" I started but he quickly cut me off.

"They still don't know Hyunjin broke up with Hyera. And they don't know Hyera cheated on Hyunjin. Even the agency strictly asked everyone to keep it a secret. How can you defend yourself when you need to keep a traitorous secret from the crowd?" he spit facts.