CHAPTER - 02

"You are parents now you have the right to decide everything but I want you guys to listen to me this time

"You are parents now you have the right to decide everything but I want you guys to listen to me this time." Badi maa explained with a stern face as she sat across from us on the couch.

"We will. Even though we are parents we are still children for you." I smile at her.

"I want you to remember what you said now." She gave me a pointed nod.

I nudge Abir who is busy eating sweets.

"I'm listening." He nods as he puts Gulab jamun in his mouth. "Very tasty, Badi maa." He compliments devouring it.

"Thanks." She smiles at him, I roll my eyes when he grins and reaches up for another one.

"Okay, listen to me carefully." Badi maa cleared her throat. I sit up straight as I hear the seriousness in her tone.

"Wait. I'll just increase the TV volume there." I get up and walk to Arya and Aryan. They laugh watching the cartoons and I increase the volume. Though Aryan seems occupied in it there's no guarantee he won't eavesdrop.

"Mumma, here." Arya offers me her half-eaten chocolate, I take a bite of it before I kiss her cheek and get back to Badi maa.

"Okay, let me begin?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Yes, please." I look at her curiously. Abir sits up straight as he gulps the glass of water before looking at Badi maa probably understanding the seriousness.

We both look at each other and shrug when Badi maa takes a deep breath before she lets out, "I want you guys to stop working as an undercover cop."

There's a moment of silence before she speaks again. "Listen to me before you argue."

"Badi maa you know I have worked hard for it." I couldn't resist saying that and my shoulders slump.

"Mishti, you have also worked hard to have a family." She gives me a pained look. "That's enough, stop it now. You have a family, take care of it. You go out for months and you never know when your child needs you the most. You never know what responsibilities you miss when you are not around. You never know what's going to happen with you, there are no hopes."