CHAPTER - 36

"What do you mean?" Mishti asks

"What do you mean?" Mishti asks. "You picked her from the cafeteria after lunch, right?"

"I did and I went to see her at night but she wasn't there at her place. I called everyone I knew, her parents and friends." He says looking tensed. "And none of you answered calls last night."

Mishti and I exchange a look suddenly feeling guilty. Answering calls was the last night we could last night. I had already put my phone on silent mode and when Mishti's phone was ringing we were taking bath. It slipped out of our minds to take a look at who was calling after we got out.

"Kunal." Mishti walks up to him. "Did she not tell you anything before going?"

"Going where?" He asks.

Mishti looks at him and looks around the room. "If she is not anywhere then she is out on a mission." She says quietly.

"But she didn't tell me anything," Kunal says almost not wanting to accept it.

"That's because she might have an emergency," Mishti explains.

"How... how long will it take?"

"It depends on what is going on." Mishti sighs. "It can take weeks or months."

"Won't she answer calls?"

"If she is on a short mission she would be able to but if she is on a long one she is probably out there with another identity and background with a different phone number. They take our phones when we are on a long mission just to stay safe."

I look at Kunal wondering why he is sad about it, he knows all about it since I have also been working as an undercover cop and it's her job and he should accept it.

"What's wrong?" I finally ask.

"I am worried she won't be able to make it to the wedding." He shakes his head. "She did warn me when I was setting the date that she won't guarantee she'll be able to get married on the same date."

It's the month of October and days will pass by like a breeze and before we know we will have December 15, the date they decided to get married.

"I hope she'll be back by then." Mishti gives him a small smile. "If she doesn't, marry her whenever she is back. You should probably accept that she will disappear out of nowhere and come back to you again."