CHAPTER - 28

"I can't believe someone would do blackmailing as a job," Mishti says to me as I drive us to Rayan's condo

"She has never done it before I am sure it's her first time," Vidhyut says from the backseat.

"You didn't even know your sister is sleeping around even though she is married." Mishti turns to look at him.

"Things are not how they appear." He says. "I told you before Maya is crazy."

"I just can't understand," Mishti says in disbelief. "And why did her parents attempt suicide?"

"Because they had a lot of debt to pay." He answers. "Maya tried to do the job in every company but she got rejected and they lost hopes and died. I am sure she has come to both of your companies as well."

"Seriously?" Mishti asks. "You could have paid the debt for them or you could have offered her the job in your company."

"I didn't know they had debt until they died because my uncle and aunt were too respectful to ask me for it. And yes I gave her a job in my company but she couldn't stay there for longer. A lot of employees complained against her." He says slowly. "That's why I send her money whenever she asks because she takes care of her sister."

"What does she do exactly?"

"You will know soon." He sighs.

I roll my eyes clearly not liking them talking but I know I need to suck it up and be thankful to Vidhyut.

I park the car and we get into the elevator. I glare at Vidhyut as I stand between him and Mishti. He rolls his eyes and looks away from me.

I ring the doorbell and we wait for the door to open. I ring the doorbell again when it doesn't open.

"Is he even home?" Mishti asks slowly.

"I swear if he has done anything I am going to complain in the police station," Vidhyut says angrily as he rings the doorbell furiously.

"You need to relax." I narrow my eyes at him. "Rayan said he has her and I am sure he wouldn't harm her."

I was really surprised to know he handled it so easily and even though I know I shouldn't trust him but I do. He wouldn't hear my tempers if he had bad intentions.