CHAPTER - 12

"Get up, Abir

"Get up, Abir." I hear Mishti call me as she pats my arm.

"Mmm." I snuggle the comforter as I restrain myself from smiling when she continues to wake me up.

"Abir." She calls me out softly as she caresses my hair. I know she is going to be annoyed in no time but I always enjoy this moment before she gets irritated.

I love her loving me.

"Coffee is waiting for you." She sighs before she removes the comforter from my body.

"There's so much work to do and you are sleeping." I hear the annoyance in her voice.

"Will you not get up?" She asks slowly. "You are so bad!"

"Abir." She groans. "I'm going to throw this coffee on you."

I swiftly opened my eyes. "I am up."

Yesterday when I took her warning lightly the hot coffee was on my arm and it isn't something I want to experience again.

Yesterday she was anxious because it was Arya and Aryan's first day at school and today she is anxious because it is going to be her first day in Maheshwari Enterprises.

"I am glad you are." She rolls her eyes as she pours coffee into two cups.

"What's wrong?" I ask her when she looks worried.  She looks up at me and shrugs before she sips on her coffee.

I look at her with a frown as I silently drink my coffee not wanting to push her to tell me.

"Are you hiding something from me?"

I find myself wincing a little when she asks unexpectedly. I do not want to tell her about the hoodie lady yet.

"I am not." I lie not wanting her to get concerned. Even if I say I am hiding she will start thinking about it and she is smart enough to figure out things.

"Why do you ask?" I ask curiously. "Are... you hiding something?"

She looks up at me and I notice the worry in her eyes. "I just don't want to tell you now. And I don't want you to get mad at me when you find out."