CHAPTER - 05

"It's our birthday next month

"It's our birthday next month." Arya squeals excitedly.

"What did you plan for us?" She asks me from the backseat.

"Well, that's a surprise," I tell as I drive. To be honest, I and Mishti haven't thought about it yet.

I came to pick Arya and Aryan while Mishti said she wants to talk with her friends about resigning as an undercover officer.

"Ary, what gift shall I give you?" Aryan asks her.

"Chocolates." She shouts.

"That's what I have always given." He says in a boring tone.

"That's what you should give, forever."

I shake my head as they proceed to chat. For a moment I wonder how they'll be when they grow up and end up chuckling.

Well, our interpretations cannot be right. Most of the times kids change their behavior as they grow.

I pull into the driveway and the watchman nods at me opening the gate for us.

Arya and Aryan start squealing and I smile as Foziah and Asad's elder son, Fawzi looks at our car and rushes in to call his parents.

"You are going to behave, okay?" I turn to look at Arya and Aryan. Sometimes Arya ends up fighting with Asad and Foziah's kids. Then Aryan gets angry and he fights because his sister is sad.

"Okay, open the door." They say hurriedly. I shake my head knowing well nothing is going in their head.

We get out of the car, I smile as everyone comes out. Fawzi runs to us he grins at me before he hugs Aryan. He and Aryan are best friends.

Foziah holds her second son, Ahad's hand as she walks towards me. Asad follows behind her holding his 9-10 months old daughter, Sorfina in his arms.

They have been the perfect family I have seen. From taking decisions to taking care of children to planning their trips on time.

"Look, we have a guest." Foziah laughs as she tells Ahad. He whines and hides behind her legs.

I laugh. "What's up with him?"