CHAPTER -13

The parking lot seems packed already, I get out of the car after I park it in a corner

I hold the files in my hand and a smile spreads on my face as I look at Parikh Enterprises. This is what my mother owns and she has worked hard for it.

This isn't the first time I visit here, I have come here during my college holidays and enjoyed roaming around. It was always during Christmas and New Year and it was fun celebrating with the employees here.

I take a deep breath as I take a step forward glancing at the street to see if any vehicle is showing up before I cross the street.

"Watch out." I hear someone scream and my eyes widen as I see a car speeding up to me. My heart beats hard against my chest and I'm yanked by someone to the front and the car passes by in a swift.

The stranger girl puts her arms around me and I try to calm myself as she hugs me. I saw before crossing the street and there wasn't any car showing up, at least not near enough to hit me.

This was planned.

The more I think about it the more panic I get. I gulp slowly as I pull away from the girl.

"Are you alright?" She asks me worried and I nod. She smiles at me and I look at her knowing she's a stranger to me.

Her hair is styled in a long bob haircut, she is dressed up professionally so I know she works here.

I'm a little shaky from the incident and I don't comprehend what to say, she forwards her hand to me with a smile on her face.

"Ira." She says.

"Mishti." I nod.

My phone begins to ring in my hand and I look down at it. I need to take Shreya's call. I glance at Ira and she seems interested to talk.

"I'll see you in a few." I smile at her before I walk a few feet away from her.

"Hello." I press my phone against my ear as I keep my hand on my chest feeling my heart beating fast.