Chapter Twenty

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. 

"Oh," Cecelia said before she smiled. "I didn't know we could expect company."

"You can't, but I'm here anyway," Johanna walked further into the room. While it almost looked the same as her own, there was a difference that was greater than looks. Tucked away in the way everyone but Cecelia was sitting close together on the couch, how Cecelia was carrying a bottle of alcohol and a plate filled with different cookies. The laughs that seemed to hang between the walls, despite where they were and for what reason.

Odette had turned around on the couch, her cheeks were a little red from a drink or two too much, and despite their little trip to the arena coming closer, she was smiling as if she didn't have a care in the world. "I'm glad you came," she said, almost tripping over her own feet as she hurried towards her. As if they hadn't seen each other less than three hours before. Still, her excitement was contagious. "Come on, let's go to my room for a bit."

Odette took her hand, even though by now she could navigate her way in the dark. Or with her eyes closed. Johanna let her, enjoying the closeness. "So, have you decided who you want as allies yet?" Odette asked as she pushed her door open.

The light sprung on, still in the dimmer mode Odette liked in the morning. Her room always smelled better, as if flowers had been on the dressers or fresh cookies were hidden somewhere. "Oh, you know," Johanna hadn't thought much about it. She wandered towards the bed while Odette picked up a blue dress and threw it over the chair. "I think I'll go with the man that threw up not once, but two times before lunch."

"Great choice," Odette joined her, though Johanna hadn't sat down yet. For a moment, she just looked at her, a smile painted on her lips. It was difficult to look away. Difficult to move. Why would she want to, anyway, when she could just reach over and- but Odette gave her a gentle push, and Johanna collided with the bed. "Let's sit. But really, we can't do this alone."

Odette climbed over the bed as Johanna pulled herself up again. they sat with their backs against the headboard, shoulders touching. "Oh, so you're just assuming I want to be allies with you."

With a chuckle, Odette took her hand again. "Who else is gonna hold your hand when you have a nightmare?" She said it with a pout, and Johanna pulled her hand back.

"That was one time," she rolled her eyes, tipping her head back to stare at the ceiling. There were no cracks in the paint. "I'll consider it."

Odette rested her head on Johanna's shoulder, settling against her side. "I knew I could charm you," she hummed. "But seriously, I think it's your only shot."

"Yeah, probably," Johanna didn't want to think about that. The girl from twelve had been impressive with her bow and arrow. She supposed she and Finnick would work together. Then there was Odette, of course. She came with Woof, and while Johanna really didn't like Blight, he was her district partner and they'd probably stick together. That was a big enough team. Perhaps the girl on fire wasn't even needed.