Explanations- Part 2

Third pov

All the hunters were having a hard time comprehending what Hestia said. Never in their life had they thought that their patron, who hated males with a passion had a lover! " If she had a lover, then why does lady Artemis hates males so much"? Suzie a daughter of Hermes asked. Many other hunters shook their heads in agreement. Seeing this Hestia sighed, then said " As I said to you earlier, Artemis wasn't always the goddess of Virginity and she wasn't always a man-hater as you girls said. Heck, Artemis wasn't even this strict and serious,  pessimistic goddess you all see today. She used to be a happy, fun-loving, playful girl who liked to wander the forests and meadows. But after Perseus's death, her world turned upside down. She locked herself up in her palace and never came out. It took me around five months to at least make her come out of her palace. But that wasn't it. Artemis was a very beautiful goddess and many gods had their eyes on her but weren't able to court her because of her relationship with Perseus. After the stunt pulled by Mnemosyne, many minor gods forgot about him and many major gods didn't care about him because he was assumed to have faded. Despite Artemis's oath, they tried to court her and she repeatedly rejected them. Many male gods didn't like that she turned them down. They saw it as a blow towards their pride.  They took it as a challenge and had a competition among them about who could break her oath first.  Artemis already had a bad impression on males but she didn't outright hate them because of Perseus, but when she heard about the competition she was enraged. This along with the fact that her father and brothers were treating women like a piece of meat turned her into the man-hating goddess that you see today". The hunters had a look of understanding on their faces when they heard this. They have all heard and some have even experienced how women were treated inferior to men in ancient Greece.  " My lady, how did Lord Perseus come back? I thought that he faded?" Zoe asked Hestia out of curiosity. " Well he nearly faded, but he was saved by Nyx and he took a very long time to reform due to the amount of damage he endured. " she briefly explained as she stood up.  " Girls, time is running out and it's time for me to get back to the hearth of Olympus. I hope you girls don't give Artemis a hard time about this. She just got back the only person she ever loved. I know you don't like males, but Perseus is a great guy. Just give him a chance and he will show you that all men aren't that bad"  she said and with that, she flashed out in a swirl of flames leaving twenty-four adolescent girls deep in thought.

In Artemis's Palace

Artemis's eyes fluttered open as she felt sunlight hitting her face." It is too bright Apollo, I am sleeping here" she grumble as she brought her hands up to rub the sleep out of her eyes. She was a goddess and didn't need to sleep, but keeping the sky and earth apart was a grueling task, and sleeping helped revive the energy quickly. She tried to sit up but frowned when she couldn't. That was when she remembered all that happened yesterday and quickly looked up only to see the sleeping form of her boyfriend. She smiled in relief when she realized that all that happened was not some dream and was real. She crawled upwards and brought her face towards his. "Percy wakes up", she whispered to him. Percy only grumbled something about letting him sleep as he tightened his hands around her waist. Artemis shook her head fondly and gently pressed her lips against his. Percy's eyes quickly fluttered open as he felt his lover's lips on his. " Good Morning Percy" Artemis greeted him and he smiled back in return. " I won't call it morning Arty, it's eleven-thirty already," he said to her. Hearing this Artemis's eyes widened." oh crap! My hunters will be going crazy being stuck at Camp Half-Blood." she exclaimed. Percy raised an eyebrow hearing her. " I thought you said there won't be any problem with them being at the camp?" He asked her. " There wouldn't have been a problem if they just stayed overnight. I thought that they could stay at camp and I would pick them up early morning. But now they will be frustrated and angry being stuck at camp and about me not contacting them. " Artemis explained to him. Percy nodded his head hearing this and said" then we both better get ready. I have promised mom to meet her at one pm" as he snapped his fingers to put on a new pair of clothes. Artemis also did the same and fixed her head before grabbing Percy's hand and walking towards the dining area to get some food.
____________________________________AN:
I have uploaded another story. It would be great if you guys could check it out. The name of the story is Lord of Destruction.

___________________________________

All the characters and plot belong to Rick Riordan. Please ignore the grammatical errors.😅😅

. Pls, comment on your response.
..Pls vote for the story.