A New Goddess.

Third pov

Artemis was sitting in her tent, absent-mindedly polishing her bow. For the past few days, she has been mulling over the idea of relinquishing her domain of virginity. After taking advice from both Athena and Hestia, she decided that the sooner the process is complete, the better. With the war looming over the horizon, her hunters needed time to adjust to the new changes which will happen and she decided that it is better to complete the process as soon as possible.

Artemis put her bow aside and walked out of her tent. She looked over to the sky and saw that it was about five in the evening. She walked towards the armory tent where Zoe was examining and taking stock of their weapons after the last week's hunt. "Zoe, I need to talk to you," Artemis said as she saw Zoe arranging weapons along with Phoebe, Atalanta, and Alexi.  Alexi was a clear-sighted mortal who has been in the hunt for about five years. Zoe looked up at Artemis curiously wondering what her patron had to talk to her. She quickly nodded her head and followed Artemis out of the armory after tasking her fellow hunters with completing the job and putting Phoebe in charge till they return.

Zoe Pov

"What do you want to talk about Artemis?" I asked once we came out of the armory, but Artemis just motioned me to follow her and continued walking. After walking for a few minutes, Artemis sat down under a tree and I mirrored her actions and looked at her expectantly. "Zoe, I want to talk to you about something really important." She said and I nodded in response. Must be something about the war, I thought. But what she said next took me by surprise." I am going to relinquish my domain of virginity". "Wh..What?" I asked back not expecting this to happen, at least not this fast. I knew she will do something like this after the war, but I didn't expect her to do that this soon.

" I have decided to relinquish my domain of virginity," Artemis repeated, this time slowly like she was talking to a three-year-old kid. "But milady, the hunt will be disbanded if you do that!" I exclaimed in panic, but her expression remained calm. "Relax Zoe, I have a solution for that." She said and I sighed in relief. "What is it milady? I asked." Well, I told Athena about the issue and she said that the best possible solution is to find an heir to my domain from my hunters and I chose you to be my heir." She said while I sat beside her with my mouth agape.

"You are kidding right?" I asked her, not believing what she said. "No Zoe, I am being quite serious. You are my best friend, my sister in all but blood, and have followed me faithfully for the past three thousand years. You have been my lieutenant for the past two and a half millennia and I trust no one more than you with this position." She said and I nodded my head, unable to say anything because of my gratitude. Artemis smiled warmly towards me, then continued " Zoe Nightshade, daughter of Atlas and Pleione, I Artemis, goddess of Hunting, Moon, Wilderness, Wildlife, Forests, Archery, Virginity, maidens, Childbirth and  Young children, proclaim you as the heir to my domains of Virginity and Maidens. Do you accept?" " I accept," I said out loud and I glowed silver for a few seconds and I felt a new bond between myself and Artemis. " Now, we are going to Olympus to complete the process," Artemis said as she flashed us to the Olympian throne room.

Third Pov 

After announcing Zoe as her heir, Artemis flashed herself and Zoe to the throne room of Olympus. She grew to her godly height and sat on her throne while Zoe sat at the foot of her throne without a clue about what to do. Artemis summoned her symbol of power, a divine bow crafted by Hephaestus himself, and shot an arrow towards the ceiling. The arrow exploded into silver sparks signaling an Olympian council meeting was summoned by Artemis. 

One by one, the rest of the Olympians arrived and looked at Artemis to know why she summoned the meeting, but Zeus and Athena were sitting on their thrones, already knowing what she was about to do. "So, why did you summon this meeting little sis?" Apollo asked cheerfully. But Zeus interrupted them before they can start an argument about who was older. "Are you sure about what you are going to do daughter?" "Yes father, I am sure" Artemis replied nodding her head. "Eh.. what exactly are you going to do sister ?" Apollo asked, this time sounding serious. "I am going to relinquish my domain of virginity. I have made Zoe my heir to those domains. So I want the council to make her an immortal before I relinquish my domains." Artemis said and everyone in the throne room remained silent for a few minutes, processing the information. "So does that mean your girl scouts  are free game?" Ares asked after a couple of minutes and a silver knife embedded itself next to his head answering his question.

All the Olympians were standing around Zoe in a circle as they started the immortalization process. They started chanting something under their breath and they started to glow intensely. After a few seconds, a beam of energy shot out of all of their extended palms and collided with Zoe. Zoe screamed in agony as her body absorbed the energy beams and her mortal half started to burn up and her blood was replaced with ichor. Zoe quickly sunk onto her knees due to pain and exhaustion after her body absorbed all the energy and Artemis came forward to help her lieutenant stand. Zoe shakily stood up with the help of Artemis and thanked her for the help to which Artemis nodded her head. After Artemis was sure that Zoe could stand on her own, she let go of her and walked in front of her. She placed a hand on Zoë's forehead, then said "I Artemis daughter of Zeus and Leto, hereby relinquish my domains of Virginity and Maidens and pass them over to my heir.

After Artemis said those words she immediately felt her lose her connection with those domains and her power weaken, but Zoe started to glow brightly. In a second Zoe's mortal form exploded and in her place stood a being of energy, the true form of a goddess. The next second the three fates flashed in." All hail Zoe, daughter of Atlas and Pleione, goddess of Hunting skills, lakes, Virginity, and Maidens." They announced as the glow around Zoe started to reduce as her body returned to its mortal form, but, with a few changes. Instead of her hunting uniform, she was wearing light armor and a skirt that reached her knees. She also had a bow slung over her shoulder along with a quiver and wore a Greek sandal that reached till her calf. But the most important change was her eyes which were now a mix of black and blue, like the bottom of a lake.

The fates then turned to Artemis and said. " To compensate for your reduced power, we are presenting you with a new domain. "All hail Artemis goddess of Hunting, Moon, Wilderness, Wildlife, Forests, Archery, Childbirth, Young children hills, and mountain alpines." They announced and then without another word they flashed out.

"Well that was an interesting development. I wasn't expecting Artemis to receive new domains to compensate for her power loss ". Athena said. "Me neither" Artemis replied while gritting her teeth, trying to control the sudden energy surge she felt from her new domains.  Soon the other Olympians started to whisper to each other, but soon stopped when they heard Zeus starting to talk. " I am not happy that we granted godhood to the daughter of a titan, but I trust my daughter's judgment and hope that you will not betray our trust". He told to Zoe." I am loyal to Olympus my lord, I would prefer an eternity in Tartarus than betraying my lady Artemis." Zoe said to Zeus while bowing. Zeus nodded his head in satisfaction then he turned to Artemis and said, "Daughter, I take that you will be teaching her about her domains and powers" and Artemis nodded her head in reply. Zeus then turned to other Olympians  " I don't want the news leaking about the new goddess. I want you all to keep it as a secret as of now. Council Dismissed" He announced and disappeared in a flash of lightning along with Hera.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AN: My exams are over ( finally). I will try to update once a week from now on.

Hope you like the chapter.

please support the story by voting.